Facts about the RN4081.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I have a very hard time using mine because of the mouthpiece cart shape. For me it is a work out to get a puff off of it. If there was a whistle cart that would work on it then it would be a really good unit for me.

Don't know of any off hand, but I'll keep an eye out to see if any other mouthpieces will fit.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
dead DSE901 attys make a good connector for RN4081 attys

My 4081 attys don't like VG juices but vape 10-20% VG mixes like a locomotive.
I love my 4081 too ;)

Could you go into a little more detail about the 901 connector? It might be just what Moonlighter is looking for.

makdevo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Portland Oregon
I use the mouthpiece from a 801 cart on my 4081 ato. Then I drip with it connected to a usb passthru.

The 801 cart is two pieces that snap together. One piece is the white platic cart and the other piece is the mouthpiece.

I unsnap the two and then use the mouthpiece on the RN4081 ato. Then drip, becasue there is no cart now.

the 801 mouthpiece slips right onto the RN4081 ato. Let me know if you need pictures.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
I use the mouthpiece from a 801 cart on my 4081 ato. Then I drip with it connected to a usb passthru.

The 801 cart is two pieces that snap together. One piece is the white platic cart and the other piece is the mouthpiece.

I unsnap the two and then use the mouthpiece on the RN4081 ato. Then drip, becasue there is no cart now.

the 801 mouthpiece slips right onto the RN4081 ato. Let me know if you need pictures.

Pictures would really help some of the users here. That would be great when you get time to Post some.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
My modified RN4081 is my work horse unit; very nice.
You can put a lot of miles on a RN4081 atty; very durable.

My favorite RN4081 mod is to simply cut 1/2" off of the cart and direct drip from the end.
My modified RN4081's are powered with DIY passthrus,have light touch switch, tip LED, are light weight but wont win beauty pagent.

My least favorite thing about RN4081 is I don't know where in the USA I can order a battery at a good price.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
My modified RN4081 is my work horse unit; very nice.
You can put a lot of miles on a RN4081 atty; very durable.

My favorite RN4081 mod is to simply cut 1/2" off of the cart and direct drip from the end.
My modified RN4081's are powered with DIY passthrus,have light touch switch, tip LED, are light weight but wont win beauty pagent.

My least favorite thing about RN4081 is I don't know where in the USA I can order a battery at a good price.

The average is about $14.00 each from US suppliers.
$9.00 each direct from Ruyan (See my post on Atomizers & Batteries.)

caesar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Bucharest
theprecious.ro

Attachments

• DSCN1567-.jpg
    DSCN1567-.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 382

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
wheres a good place to buy a 4081. I see it all over for different prices but I don't know if its all the same exact thing.

If you can wait the 10 delivery days, the best & cheapest place is;

Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop

I would add a few atomizers in the order too. At $5.50ea. they're cheap. If you decide on the mini, the DSE103 is the same as the RN4081. Attys and batts fit each other, with one exception.

The RN4081 atty will only accept the RN4081 Cartridge.
The DSE103 atty will only accept the DSE103 Cartridge.

Other than the cart issue, all other parts are interchangeable

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
You can use a DSE103 or an RN4081 passthrough. Both will accept the RN4081 atomizer. I got mine from;
TRUEMAN ECIG Passthrough RN4081 M401 510 801C 901C DSE084 DSE901 DSE801 DSE103 -

Depends on what you mean by cheap. The passthroughs are cheap, but you have to make a rather large order, in order to make the shipping charges pay off. I ordered a few passthroughs, some M401 passthroughs, atomizers, and batteries. A couple of hundred bucks, but I got a lot of stuff.

Cheers;
jd

Clay

Jul 8, 2009
Thanks Jim. I went to the site to buy a $9.00 pass through, and ended up with $100 worth of stuff. I got 10x 10ml bottles of different flavors, some batteries, and a few attys. Luckily some juice came in today from puresmoking so I dont have to go buy another pack of cartridges from the Smoking Everywhere kiosk... 20 cigarettes per cartridge my .... Sucks that the initial Smoking Everywhere gold was a major rip off, but luckily now I am actually informed and can stock up with parts and stuff for super cheap. Thanks again for replying so quickly!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Thanks Jim. I went to the site to buy a $9.00 pass through, and ended up with $100 worth of stuff. I got 10x 10ml bottles of different flavors, some batteries, and a few attys. Luckily some juice came in today from puresmoking so I dont have to go buy another pack of cartridges from the Smoking Everywhere kiosk... 20 cigarettes per cartridge my .... Sucks that the initial Smoking Everywhere gold was a major rip off, but luckily now I am actually informed and can stock up with parts and stuff for super cheap. Thanks again for replying so quickly!

No problem buddy;
My wife and I have a standing agreement. She don't ask questions about my e-cig orders, and I don't ask how many pairs of shoes are in the closet.

Works out nice;
Cheers;
jd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread