Fcuk My Tofu! Damn E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalse

ECF Veteran
About the other kind of veggie food, I'm not a veggie BUT any time someone makes that stuff it smells good, looks normal and tastes really good.

I love all the frozen Breakfast meat veggie replacements like sausage, bacon anything is good.

Patties and nugget replacements are really good too...just season them yummy

What else do you want veggie prime rib cut replacements? !?!

How about a veggie rack of lamb replacement HAHAHAHHA

Why dont you try crumbled fried veggie taco meat with taco bell seasoning packets from the store, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, that sounds pretty damn good.

Try finding recipes for meals that you can replace the meat in some way with cooked veggie product seasoned.

Stop trying to find premade veggie stuff in the store, they cant form it into huge meat cuts without making it taste like poop, you gotta make it taste good with your recipe.

Last edited:

eLiciafay

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Naperville, IL
I mean recycling them in a personal manner, like using them for other things. Like I said before, they are a thinner plastic then garbage bags, so I feel that by using them for my garbage it's better then if I were to use garbage bags. I used recycled paper bags for my garbage for a while, but when I was leaving for work one day as the garbage truck pulled up my garbage men yelled at me saying that the paper bags rip and then they have to pick up all the trash :oops:. What do you use for garbage bags?

We use Seventh Gen bags, which are made from recycled materials. Somebody's got to produce demand for everyday household stuff made out of non-virgin plastic. I've also bought these other ones that I can't remember the name of that are photo-degradable. I got them at the health food store. But again, we are only making 1 kitchen sized sack of trash each week. For a family of 4 adults, 1 toddler and two large dogs that ain't bad IMO.

Also, in the great debate of which is worse, analogs vs e-cigs, I would have to say that each has its drawbacks. The problem with e-cigs is the batteries and atomizers that will get tossed and won't break down. HOWEVER, let's say an atomizer and battery lasts you 1 to 3 months. That means it's two little pieces going in the trash vs. how many hundreds of fiberglass cigarette butts that a smoker would discard in the same amount of time? E-cigs come out the clear winner IMO. Especially since I live in a community that sponsors easy battery recycling. It seems obviously logical to me that an item you use once and toss has a far greater negative impact on Mother Earth than something you use again and again and again and again and again and again until it wears out & you toss.

And of course none of us would even bother considering which is worse if we weren't all nicotine's ...... ;)

belevitt

Mar 24, 2009
This has already been mentioned but Quorn chicken cutlets are awesome. My wife is a vegetarian and I am an innocent bystander. Most meat replacement products are mediocre but the Quorn chicken is really great. It's made of mycoprotein (don't look it up, you don't really want to know anyway). Also, flavored eg. barbecue, seitan is great if you can find a good place to get it.

rmasu

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
hawaii
We aren't going out of our way to vape, we just can't escape it. I'm not proud to admit it, but I've done just about every drug that you can think of, including scores of research chemicals that no one here has ever heard of, some of which are arguably more addictive then any other illicit drug, and nothing has come close the the addictive power of cigarettes, nothing. I can't escape smoking, so at least I can do it in a way that's better for me and the environment.quote]

You got the power to escape nicotine and cigs, its the consequences and the hoops we jump through are not that bad to get our fix. If you were faced with never smoking again, analogs or e-cigs or kill a stadium full of people I think the choice would be clear. We all have choices we choose what we please depending on how hard it is to do. Just because we are addicted to nicotine, it does not give the excuse to be selfish.
Is the drug addict that breaks into my house to support his habit not selfish? Sure he is, just as we are either smoking or vaping. Addiction is not an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread