Feeling very tired since I switched to e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenliong

Dec 7, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi, I recently made the switch to e-cigs, haven't had an analog for 78 hrs. I am 24 years old and smoked a pack of analogs (Marlboro reds) almost every day since I was 15. I am using the Riva 510 and e-liquid with 24 mg of nicotine. Although every now and then I get the urge to smoke an analog (especially after I eat), vaping has worked pretty well. The only thing that worries me a bit is that I am feeling very tired all the time, definitively more than usual. Don't know if this is normal from quitting analogs or maybe I'm vaping too much?

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I think it is the quiting. I was tired for the first month. Around the 2 week mark I was napping often and still tired-I just always wanted to sleep. After a month I felt great and practically never nap any more unless I was up all night.

Give it time, it should pass. Thinking about it now, I also may have been severely dehydrated because I hadn't found ECF at that point.

Welcome to ECF and vaping.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Are you sleeping OK? Some need to vape lower nicotine in the evenings to sleep well.

Are you staying hydrated? Vaping is very drying. You need to drink fluids (non-alcoholic ones your body holds uses better). Dehydration can make people very tired.

And the transition from cigarettes to vaping can be tiring as your body gets rid of the 4000 chemicals in cigarettes. For a few days I felt like I was about to come down with flu but not too bad. Drink fluids, eat well, doesn't hurt to take a multivitamin for a week.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
I was chalking up the feeling tired to the change in the seasons, that might also account for Dotma but not Steveliong as he's in the tropics. Less hours of light makes the brain respond by changing sleeping patterns.

Physically might be tiring if the body is now getting all the junk from smoking out of our systems. More oxygen in the blood should mean more energy. But at the same time for the first time in years the lungs, heart, kidneys, liver and other organs might be thinking "hey I'm finally feeling good let's work some over time to clean up all the damage." I'm not a doctor but it seems to make sense. :)

stevenliong

Dec 7, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi everyone, thanks a lot for answering my first post. I'll try to drink more water and take vitamins as well. I've never had the best sleeping habits but I've had "regular" sleep since I started. I know it's too early to know for sure, I guess I'm just a bit panicky hehehe. For now the only negative effect I'm feeling is the constant tiredness. But apart from that, I feel like I can breathe a bit better and have less mucus as I usually had being a smoker. Again, I really appreciate your help!

xxxsoulxxx

Aug 23, 2011
Singapore
Hey I personally feels its due to the vapor thats making my throat dry and getting sick due to the inflammatory throat. Thats what i feel but it makes no sense to me that my body is clearing out junk that i feel tired. Body is consistently clearing out junks and lack of junk dont make sense that my body is gonna slack or something. Maybe i ask my family doctor tonight.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nicotine is a skin irritant and in 100% PG (or any extremely high nic) can be very irritating and dehydration can make that worse. If you are getting irritated use juices with some VG in them. Plain atomizer can use any PG/VG as long as it flows at least as fast as you vape. Simple cartomizers - I think 20% or less Vg works best but 30% will work. Tank attys and reservoir cartos like 30% or less though some thinner 50/50's may work.

If you are using LR on a big battery, SR may lower irritation. If using dual coils (something lese for big 450mah+ batteries only), try single. Or vape less - leave the ecigs in another room so you don't vape constantly. Or try 1 level lower nic.

Any of those can help reduce or eliminate irritation.

Last edited:

Seanl

Dec 2, 2011
Pretoria, South Africa
I've been having exactly the opposite experience.

My first weekend of vaping I went to bed at 4:30am on Saturday morning, woke up at 07:30 am and then was awake till 03:30am Sunday morning. I woke up at 8am. Sunday night I went to bed at 11:50pm and only because I had to work the next day.

The following week my average waking up time was 05:50am and average sleeping time was 11:30 pm.

The next weekend was similar to the first and nothing has changed since.

Ok I went from 3 to 4 packs of PS Filter (or red or whatever they decided to change it to) a day down to in the last few weeks 3 packets and vaping the rest of the time.

Been smoking since I was 16, I am 35 now.

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
I was chalking up the feeling tired to the change in the seasons, that might also account for Dotma but not Steveliong as he's in the tropics. Less hours of light makes the brain respond by changing sleeping patterns.

Running Wolf -- i was thinking the same thing because i always get really blah anyway this time of year. Getting off PG got rid of my constant nauseous and lightheaded feeling but the tired has yet to go away. Hoping things will work themselves out because I really dont want to be without my lavatube and gorilla juice!

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update of my situation: It's been a couple of days since I last posted feeling very tired all the time, and I have since been trying to hydrate myself as much as possible and have also been taking mutivitamins. I have to say that I'm feeling a lot better (since yesterday). I have to admit that I did consider smoking analogs combined with the e-cig but figured that I've been able to vape only since I started and might as well continue to do so and not smoke analogs at all. So far so good, thanks for all your support.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Don't want to hijack the thread but...Congrats stevenliong on feeling better and resisting the urge.

For seanl. I also had sleeping problems. Asleep at 11 pm and awake at 3:30 am. Thanks to swedishfish I mixed a lower nic juice for the evenings and since then have been sleeping like a baby.
I've been having exactly the opposite experience.

My first weekend of vaping I went to bed at 4:30am on Saturday morning, woke up at 07:30 am and then was awake till 03:30am Sunday morning. I woke up at 8am. Sunday night I went to bed at 11:50pm and only because I had to work the next day.

The following week my average waking up time was 05:50am and average sleeping time was 11:30 pm.

The next weekend was similar to the first and nothing has changed since.

Ok I went from 3 to 4 packs of PS Filter (or red or whatever they decided to change it to) a day down to in the last few weeks 3 packets and vaping the rest of the time.

Been smoking since I was 16, I am 35 now.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Good going Steveliong. Vitamins & keeping hydrated never hurt.

Was thinking the tiredness might be the body working overtime to get the toxins from the cigs out of your system. Sort of like how you feel run down and tired when you get sick (body fighting off the bug).

Dotma - next time I get some juice going to get some 50/50 and some 100% VG. Figure if I start getting a reaction it's good to have some nic backup that wouldn't get me an allergic reaction :). Also PM'd you about the northern latitude blahs.

Diluting some juice with VG (get cheap, $3 at WalMart for 6oz) is like having a reduced or decaf coffee. Good when you know you need to get some shut eye.Might dull the flavor a little bit but it makes tons of vapor :p

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Drinks lots of water, more so if you drink more than 4 cups of Java per day or caffeine based drinks. The vapor comes from our bodies and not from the juice and dehydration is a common problem and can cause issues for new vapers. I drink 2 large glasses in the a.m. and about 1 1/2 liters per day. Learned that one from the Vets.

I constantly feel dehydration myself and dryness n heavyness in my eyes n sinus. Myself thinks its from vaping? Does the body require more fluid intake when you vape?

Sent from my Gin-Tazz the end pt 2 using Tapatalk

SusanK

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Beach
Now that I think about it, I've been more tired than usual, too. I just quit 3 weeks ago. I usually go to sleep around 10 or 10:30 and get up at 6. I've been tired sooner, having a more difficult time waking up, and have taken a few naps. I am NOT a nap taker.

I can breathe though... even after playing Just Dance with my kids. I danced more songs than they did! I feel so much better that I'm ok with feeling a little more tired.

w1cked

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
ny
What do you mean the vapor comes from our bodies? I drink 4 coffees a day and 2 blue monster energy drinks and 2 mountain dews with 2 bottles of water through out the day....fell really thirsty n heavy eyed but not too tired

Bedtime 11-1130 wake up 6am....sometimes cannot get up

Drink more water?

Sent from my Gin-Tazz the end pt 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread