Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
ecigpipe.jpg

just received my pipe order from e-cigs.. or at least part of it.. the small liquid bottles and batteries are being sent china post..

120 carts.. two "sanders" pipe kits.. four spare "black pear" atomizers.. four spare batteries.. plenty of pieces to get a good idea of whats whats.. no one off flukes..

total cost of order 380 dollars with express shipping.. about the same as one ruyan pipe kit..

nice packaging with no faulty parts.. the order was for two people..

first off its worth paying the extra ten dollars for the "sanders" bowl/atomizer.. its very pretty.. the black pear looks very err black.. he he

how do they work.. well straight out pf the box there isnt much smoke at first.. a good atomizer prime and a few heavy puffs soon has them going.. lots of smoke..

they seem well enough made.. more so the sanders one.. we think they might even be real highly polished wood.. its hard to imagine how the grain finish looking like its carved out of a square block of wood could be achieved with plastic moldings..

the downside.. after a relative short time the smoke drops off.. a good prime and cart top up has it all "smoking" pipe like again but that wasnt what we bought them for.. we wanted an e smoking device that would work with oodles of smoke all day long.. why else have a pipe.. he he

where we have got to so far.. remove the wool from a cart.. stuff it straight down tamped lightly on top of the atomizer gauze.. forget the plastic.. a pipe cart holds about 2 ml of liquid.. so does the wool on its own stuffed straight in the pipe stem..

because of the long pipe mouthpiece no liquid can get into the mouth.. air can be drawn straight thru the wool without any need for side flutes..

the big plus.. if the smoke drops off a blow into the mouthpiece (no air passes) squeezes liquid out of the wool and onto the atomizer top just like a drip prime would.. no need to dismantle anything.. a neat and unexpected benefit..

the small piece of black rubber (racing bicycle inner tube) isnt totally necessary but seals any pressure leakage from the stem join when blowing.. enabling more "sqeeze" to be applied to the wool..

getting the liquid from the wool to the atomizer gauze seem to be a problem with all these devices.. as the wool wetness diminishes so does the gauze wetness and so does the smoke.. removing the plastic with its side flutes seems to get around this problem.. it also make it far easier to top up the wool by simply pouring liquid straight into the pipe stem onto the wool.. no need to remove/replace fiddly carts every time..

when i say produce smoke i mean smoke in more quantities than is needed but there if required.. so far its looking good..

trog

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Neat idea, Trog. When I revive Mr. E-Pipe, I'll try the wool without plastic solution. Some time ago, I bought the wool filter material (the size of a cotton candy swirl!) from a pet store and have been tearing off pieces and using them loosely in the e-cigar. I seem to get more vapor from the increased dampness spread over the smaller wool surface.

Are you running your e-pipe from a car battery? I jest about the wires leading into the bowl where the battery would be...

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
its being power by three AA 1.2 volt metal hydride cells with short croc clip leads running into the bowl where the real battery would go.. we should have some proper batteries tomorrow..

so far its been good for about five hours of heavy test puffing and consumed about 1.5 ml of liquid.. the smoke dropped off then.. we squeezed the wool and there was .5 ml left.. not bad..

it might be possible to put in the wool (and liquid) from two carts but it might make it too hard to draw thru having no side flutes.. in essence what we now have is the entire heater pot surrounded by absorbent (fluid soaked) material.. the top part wool and the bottom and sides metal gauze.. the little ceramic pot with the heater coil sits in the middle of it all..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
well.. second day with the pipes.. thye are working well and seem good for 5 hours use before any attention is needed.. one ml of liquid dripped straight in on the wool and a battery change has them good for another five hours..

more could be squeezed out of them but we like "smoke"..

it just comes down now to how long the atomizer/switches are going to last.. do bigger pipe atomizers last longer than micky mouse mini atomizers.. logic tells me they should but only time will tell..

trog

mixalisc

May 16, 2008
United Kingdom
Well I just received my pipe today from e-cig and I am a bit dissapointed. There is not much vapor and you need to work it a lot of times before you get a "decent" amount of vapour. (to at least be visible !) I got an extra atomizer with my order and both atomizers are like this. The only way I had a good amount of vapor (not a lot but satisfying) was by dripping a few drops of liquid straight to the atomizer. I also tried what trog suggested and removed the wool from the cart but unfortunately I didnt see a lot of difference and it's really messy. I thought that the e-pipe would work well at least with a fresh cartridge and fully charged battery, but it's not. Is there anything else I could try ?

Michael C.

mixalisc

May 16, 2008
United Kingdom
Yes, this is so annoying !! You don't get any vapor if you don't prime it first and it becomes really tiring after a while. Well it seems that I bought two of the worst devices :( (my first one was the super cig) I don't want to give up on e-smoking but I'm still a student so I'm low on budget :? (though i've been smoking for 8 years) Until I get enough money to buy a decent device I think I will experiment with my e-pipe, I thought of making a manual button so that you don't have to prime it every time. It shouldn't be that difficult, probably just connecting two wires and a button. Anyone knows how you can do that ?

Michael C.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i see no ferraris yet bob.. just simple technology that aint quite there yet..

getting the liquid from the wet cart to the wire gauze around the heater pot consistently dosnt work properly.. hence the fact they all seem to need that wet prime and none of them work properly thru a cart..

i also dont see any reason at all why paying more money for the same technology under a brand name is gonna produce better results.. i would love to compare side by side the difference between a ruyan and e-cig pipe.. being as i aint gonna pay the silly money and ruyan aint gonna send me one to test for free it aint gonna happen..

the same applies to the new gee wow whizz janty.. i see no real reason why it should work any better than some of the other offerings.. its the same technology..

i am an e smoker.. but one really has to want to be off the real things to tolerate the inherent e smoking problems.. one also has to be a nicotine addict..

trog

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
You're right about having to really, really want to be an e-smoker. The frustrations I've endured to stay off cigarettes would have driven the half-hearted quitter back to weed long ago. And I'd be back were it not for using everything in sight containing nicotine -- except cigarettes.

This present generation of failure-prone products, if introduced to the masses now, would turn off an entire generation to e-smoking. Get it right. Price it right. This has such future potential. And I guess you're right about Ferraris. Using your analogies, we're at a stage where you'd need five VW Beetles in your front yard just to be sure one would crank up and get you to work in the morning. Oh, and a garage full of fan belts and hoses and spare tires.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
TropicalBob said:
You're right about having to really, really want to be an e-smoker. The frustrations I've endured to stay off cigarettes would have driven the half-hearted quitter back to weed long ago. And I'd be back were it not for using everything in sight containing nicotine -- except cigarettes.

This present generation of failure-prone products, if introduced to the masses now, would turn off an entire generation to e-smoking. Get it right. Price it right. This has such future potential. And I guess you're right about Ferraris. Using your analogies, we're at a stage where you'd need five VW Beetles in your front yard just to be sure one would crank up and get you to work in the morning. Oh, and a garage full of fan belts and hoses and spare tires.

spot on bob.. i recon we are on the same wave length.. i havnt entirely stopped the real cigs.. none of my e smoking family has.. we have cut down by 95% thow.. something i would have never thought possible..

ten years ago i started coughing blood.. it came on overnight.. a wet cough only the wet was bright red blood.. it frightened the life out of me.. the docters said good luck and thought the same as me.. lung tumour..

odd experience really thinking your time has come.. i just kept doing my normal things.. had all the medical tests and still kept smoking.. i even spent a night in the "death" ward.. in the morning i begged em to let me out.. they did.. he he he

anyways the tests never showed up anything but i still kept coughing bright red blood.. it lasted about five minutes then stopped but came on again several times a day.. my big fear was that it wouldnt stop after five minute and i would choke on the stuff.. anyways i think i am dieing and smoking has killed me.. no reprieve..

now whats the point of the story.. after four weeks it mysteriously stopped.. just like that.. the doctors scratched their heads and had no idea.. my ex wife said its a miracle u have been given a second chance.. ten years later it seem i was given a second chance.. did it stop me smoking.. did it hell as like..

perhaps e smoking has given me a third chance.. i must be very virtuous.. he he he

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
just an update on the e-cig pipes.. just popping a cart in one dosnt work.. or the smoke produced is very wimpish.. i have not been able to work out why this is but it seems the case.. the liqiud just dont seem to pass from the wool to the wire gauge well enough..

dripping ten or so drops.. about half a ml or a little less.. straight into the atomizer with no cart loaded works very well and produces lots of pipe like smoke for a couple of hours.. the more i play with some of these devices the more puzzled i get..

now to see how long they last..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread