Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
hey just got my first ecig today, a DSE-901 'mini'
the guy I ordered it from sent a seperate letter with noob instructions and it says to charge each of the 2 batteries fully for 7 hours, however the battery seems to be charged and the instructions from the manufacturer, the one actually in the box dont mention charging the batteries before first use. I've puffed on one a few times and its at least partially charged as it works fine

I plugged one into the charger.. the 'engrish' instructions say it the charger LED will show green while it is charging, and red when it is finished. the new batt I have plugged in seems to be switching between green and red a few times, not sure what its doing

the other battery I've been puffing, am I going to kill this battery since I'm using it without charging 7 hrs.. I know in the future I will charge new batteries when I get them but this is my first kit and I'd like to not smoke analogs for the next 7 hrs

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
You don't have to charge it before you use it. It won't hurt if you do and won't hurt if you don't. Also, the instructions are backwards. The charger light will be red when it's charging and green when it's done. Some chargers switch between red and green when they are almost done and stay solid green when they are done.

great thanks for the reply, it looks to be solid green for good now so I guess they were fully charged already. glad I can vape worry free on my new ecig

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
hey just got my first ecig today, a DSE-901 'mini'
the guy I ordered it from sent a seperate letter with noob instructions and it says to charge each of the 2 batteries fully for 7 hours, however the battery seems to be charged and the instructions from the manufacturer, the one actually in the box dont mention charging the batteries before first use. I've puffed on one a few times and its at least partially charged as it works fine

I plugged one into the charger.. the 'engrish' instructions say it the charger LED will show green while it is charging, and red when it is finished. the new batt I have plugged in seems to be switching between green and red a few times, not sure what its doing

the other battery I've been puffing, am I going to kill this battery since I'm using it without charging 7 hrs.. I know in the future I will charge new batteries when I get them but this is my first kit and I'd like to not smoke analogs for the next 7 hrs

Charging lithium-ion batteries

"Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days."

Do and don't battery table

"Do charge the battery often. The battery lasts longer with partial rather than full discharges."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread