Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
So I'm way off the mark? Crazy, that's exactly the set up the vape shop was selling me last week. Of course, the starre tank description was bad as I thought I was getting both ohm levels and did not (I now have (4) x.25).[eBay]
sounds like I really messed up. Maybe my friend will want the .25's and can help me get the correct coils for my wattage/ battery. Not sure what to make of it, as I said, it goes over my head quite quickly.
I just wanted an upgrade from the pen and some freedom from the leaks and hopefully fewer burned coils. I may have the opposite!

Some 0.5 coils fire well at ~30W, and others up to ~50W. The Starre (myself never having used one) looks like it's one of those rare ones that are at the top of the wattage requirement.

On a 30W device (if you want no leaks, flavour, and decent vapor) you can't really go wrong with an Atlantis Nautilus Mini. They aren't expensive and I think everyone has one laying around because they are so robust and reliable.

I know @Sir2fyablyNutz is a huge fan of them and I can vouch too.

I think you should wait until you receive it, try the 0.5 coil. If it's really not enough Wattage, your local store should sell Nautilus Minis relatively cheap. Even if marked up by a couple bucks they are worth it.

They are the closest thing to a gold standard for non sub-ohm vaping. I use my 1.8 coil @ around 15W. The good news is that the iStick 30W is the gold standard, arguably, for the 30W class of mods.

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
The good news is with the Starre tank you shouldn't have to worry about leaking anymore, definitely try to get the .5 coils because the .25 won't run on the eleaf 30w. Once you have the .5 coils though it should run just fine at 30 watts. The suggestion of a Nautilus Mini would probably serve you well too. The Starre tank is going to be quite a bit more intense than the vape pen you started on and is generally used for direct lung inhales. The Nautilus Mini is more of a mouth to lung hit that's going to be much more similar to how you would smoke. Neither of the tanks have any issues of reported leaking that I've heard though which sounds like it was one of your biggest headaches before.

Last edited:

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Calm down and then post up a pic of what you have to work with. This place is more knowledgeable than any shop and somebody can figure out what you need to get the most out of what you've got. I believe the majority of the folks here have a similar experience with their first set ups.

Then you can poke around a bit and learn so you know what your looking at when you do go in a store and there's a good chance you'll know more about it than they do. As for ebay, I would stay away, there are plenty of things for sale here once you've gone through the proper steps to see them.

Here is pen

Attachments

• 2015-06-21 16.43.07.jpg
    2015-06-21 16.43.07.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread