First Kayfun build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empi666

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
NorCal
So I just built my first Kayfun 3.1 build. I wrapped a 30g 1.9ohm build. Cotton yarn as wick.

Working good. No leaks, no dry hits.

I have to say, I'm not overly impressed. I've been making my own protank/EVOD coils and I fell like vapor and flavor is the same with the Kayfun.

I do notice a more consistent vapor production. Like I can chain vape and it keeps up as where the protank I have to prime hit it to keep it wicked.

My coils aren't the tightest yet and that leads me to a question.

When you make a micro coil, what is the difference in getting the coils wrapped tight versus a little loose? Maybe that's where my weakness is?

Other question, with the Kayfun with the steel tank... how do you top off the juice level or can you? Are you supposed to just wait for the juice to run out before opening the tank, or can you fill it more without the tank leaking?

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world
You can fill it whenever you want with the fill screw. Won't cause leaking or anything. I have found 9 wraps of 28 kanthal is perfect for me. I haven't used 30 in it yet, but I do make sure my micr-coil is nice and tight. I'm using a 5/64 drill bit that was suggested by others and I'm having really good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread