First Mod Help: Grand Vapor Private V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blckmrkt

Aug 6, 2013
Cerritos, CA.
Hello!
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm just an ego twist user but I decided today to up my vape game, I've been spending more time at a local store and trying to understand mods, and I love the way they hit compared to my pitiful ego-c. I had some extra paypal cash today so I spent the $30 on the following set up. Have I wasted my money here? I ended up using a promo code and left out the door 30 bucks. What else do I need to complete my set up?

I'm still learning the game, I understand somewhat about the OHMS and Wire gauging but I'm not sure what kind to purchase to my rda. Any advice? Again I know it's not a "pro setup" but I'll consider it my training wheels

• Private V2 Telescoping Mech Mod E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - $20.96

• RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.5mL) - $7.31
  • UltraFire Dual-Slot Battery Charger w/ 2*BRC18650 Protected Li-Ion Batteries - $11.45

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Thats a fine mod and I'm sure the dripper will work well but you do need an ohm checker. Either get yourself a PV that checks ohms or get a cheap ohm checker. Fasttech would probably be a good spot to buy either or Im thinking.

If you dont have one and u dont check the resistance that you made the coil, it can wind up being very dangerous. The battery can vent and give your hand or face serious burns. Or your battery will be destroyed and your PV will have melted battery plastic and cobalt and lithium and magnesium all over it.

What type of battery are you planing to use by the way? You should definitely use either an AW IMR (which is relatively safe to use, it wont explode, it will only fizzle or melt when it degasses. Or use a battery with a protection circuit that will shut the battery down if you do make a shorted coil. But I'd definitely recommend you get a cheap mod that can test ohms, orrr a resistance tester.

Last edited:

blckmrkt

Aug 6, 2013
Cerritos, CA.
hey Plumes, Thanks!

the battery I bought was this one from fast tech

UltraFire Dual-Slot Battery Charger w/ 2*BRC18650 Protected Li-Ion Batteries - $11.45

Will this do? I obviously want to go the "safest" route and eventually upgrade, but I just lack the money at the moment (and the knowledge):p

I don't really know how to read OHMS, I just know the lower the ohms, the harder the hit and the more vape output. I went to a shop today and talked to the owner a little, the guy was an idiot and wouldn't really help me. He just kept saying, get the lowest OHMS possible so you can get a sweet vape cloud. (which isn't what I wanted) A large vape cloud looks cool but I just want a good, flavorful hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread