First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

04 Raider Rider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They both look good,but I haven't ordered from TW.If you were a heavy smoke,you might consider an eGo for a little better battery life.The mega 510 batteries are a bit better for battery life also.
Here a link for a good vendor and decent eGo with a pass through to use at the computer or on the go.The 1000 mah battery it comes with last a good while per charge.

Volcano Fine Electronic Cigarette Mini Starter Kit
coupon code - epuffdirect (10% off)

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I have to agree with the battery life on the 510's. Look at the mAh of the battery, that is what dictates how many hours of use you can get from a battery. The Ego has a 650 mAh battery and will give you 4-6 hours for a moderate vapor. Over time and usage these will also dwindle, but not as fast. They also come in higher mAh's, sold separately.
The smaller 'cigarette like in size' batteries will only give a couple hours before needing a charge and dwindle from there as it ages. Remember to follow all included instructions for the first charge so as not to void any warranty that may accompany the e-cig purchase of your choice!
Welcome to the ECF and all of our different opinions-LOL

texasgranny

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Texas
Welcome to you as well.

Before you pull that trigger, read a little more and ask a few more questions, if needed.

The battery, will play a VERY important role in your overall experience.

Watch some YouTube videos on the models you are thinking about, read some more here
and hopefully you can avoid any problems.

Suggestions are coming from alot of experienced people, trying to help you avoid possible disappointments.

Me, I bypassed all the typical starter units and went straight to a larger mod unit.
Battery life about 8 hours, vapor production awesome and that is two important features in a unit/model.

Good luck and let us know what you get and how it goes.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Welcome, aboard. I can't really help you because I jumped right over all the cig sized models and started with an eGo.
I don't regret it one bit.

Youtube vids can be a great help. Most people want to start with something that looks like a cig, but that goes away pretty quick IMO. Better to get something you can depend on.

slyfox

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
WV
Well, I might as well get started posting if I want full posting priveleges.

I'm shopping for my first e-Cig. I've pretty much settled on a 510. Which of these do y'all think is best?

Joye 510 Electronic Cigarette Dual Starter Kit Black $34.99

Wicked-510 TITAN E-NIC (Electronic Nicotine Imitation Cigarette) RED

I'm a newbie myself but I just checked out the two sites you picked and I really like the TW red ones! I started with an NJOY PRO, and went to a 510 manual kit, which was great for my needs, I have since moved up to bigger mods, but gave my daughter the 510 kit. She's had it over a month and loves it! She's not a heavy smoker so she hasn't complained any about the batts not being enough, gave her 2 batts and 1 wall charger and 1 PCC. She DOES call wanting care packages of ejuice though :)

Meggalette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Herrin, Illinois
voodoolounge.webs.com
Welcome! I don't know which one is better, all I can say is for my first pv I went with one of the cheapest starter kits I could find. This way I could try it out and see what I liked, and then have a mark to compare other models with. I found ECF before I bought my first one so that made it a lot easier to find a good deal. My first one is still my favorite, has extremely inexpensive replacement parts, is rarely talked about on ECF, and it was the cheapest thing I could find on the internet. A lot of people have very different opinions about the same product. This is truly a "to each his own" type of hobby.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...TW Red shows to be out of stock...my first suggestion is to bypass the ciggy look alikes and go for something with better battery life such as the Riva510(6-7hr batt life) from Liberty Flights the Lite kit is 30bux after clicking the 20% discount button on the top left of page...if you are set on a ciggy sized unit, look at the Volt(kr-808) from Smokeless Image ...get the longer batt version(78mm) to get 3rso hrs of batt life... Vapor4Life is another good source for the kr-808 units............
madjack:2cool:

ChaosAffect

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Georgia
Yup. I could've waited until my year, but 9 months seemed like a good number. It's really funny to see the difference between then and now. In searching for my first thread I also found one I started talking about the difference between Blue Foam and Pyramid Tea Bag for carts. LOL!
You dredged this up on purpose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread