First Time Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch88

Mar 26, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Hi all, new vaper here that literally just got his first PV today! I skipped the cig-likes and went straight for an eGo-C battery w/ a 6ml tank, and I couldn't be happier. But I am a little concerned, because I like vaping so much more than cigarettes already, I've had a hard time putting this thing down ... I fear that I may be taking in more nicotine than I really want.

From what I have read, nicotine in e-juice is measured by mg/ml, and I've vaped approximately 2ml of 6mg liquid today. So that would be 12mg of nicotine, and I used to smoke just under a pack of Camel Lights per day. The strange thing is though, a pack of cigarettes should have more nicotine, yet I get more satisfaction and a stronger buzz from vaping.

Is there something I'm overlooking that could shed some light on this? I really don't want to increase my nicotine addiction, so I'm trying to stay on top of how much I'm taking in. Luckily, I can get juice as low as 2mg from the vape shop in town, but I'm not sure if I really need to.

Anyways, if anyone can provide some insight, I'd really appreciate. Also, happy vaping! :)

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
At this point I wouldn't worry about increasing your nicotine addiction or how much you vape as long as it keeps you off the cigarettes, your body will tell you what is right for you.

You absorb much less nicotine vaping than smoking and it comes on slower. Drink plenty of water and if you should feel sweaty, a headache, tinnitus, nauseous, etc. you have gotten too much nicotine. If too much, stop immediately, drink water, and get fresh air. In about 30 minutes to 1 hr, it will pass. If you are staying awake longer than you like, you might cut down nic level at night.

2 ml a day is not that much. Many here do 4-6ml a day range. 6mg is pretty low nicotine, but it must be working for you if you are satisfied.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the switch.

Finch88

Mar 26, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
At this point I wouldn't worry about increasing your nicotine addiction or how much you vape as long as it keeps you off the cigarettes, your body will tell you what is right for you.

You absorb much less nicotine vaping than smoking and it comes on slower. Drink plenty of water and if you should feel sweaty, a headache, tinnitus, nauseous, etc. you have gotten too much nicotine. If too much, stop immediately, drink water, and get fresh air. In about 30 minutes to 1 hr, it will pass. If you are staying awake longer than you like, you might cut down nic level at night.

2 ml a day is not that much. Many here do 4-6ml a day range. 6mg is pretty low nicotine, but it must be working for you if you are satisfied.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the switch.

Thank you! So far I feel fantastic, but I just can't believe I didn't switch sooner. I mean, I used to love going to hookah lounges, and vaping is like a pocket-sized version of that ... at least for me anyways. :p

And I have to say, your avatar is pretty much the greatest thing I've ever seen.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
What sort of menthol do you use? All I've tried just tastes like breath mints. :laugh:

since i dont vape cig tasting anymore (or just menthol) iv been mixing things to try and make 'NuPorts'
seems people like extra menthol, tasting like vicks cough drops more then tobacco
all of my tobacco has come from me winning stuff at this point
i do remember one from TheVaporRoom.net that i like when i started that was a good menthol tobacco

edit: searched my empty juice it was called port menthol (i dont toss anything in the trash, bottles can be reused!)

Finch88

Mar 26, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
since i dont vape cig tasting anymore (or just menthol) iv been mixing things to try and make 'NuPorts'
seems people like extra menthol, tasting like vicks cough drops more then tobacco
all of my tobacco has come from me winning stuff at this point
i do remember one from TheVaporRoom.net that i like when i started that was a good menthol tobacco

edit: searched my empty juice it was called port menthol (i dont toss anything in the trash, bottles can be reused!)

Cool man, thanks. I'm not necessarily trying to get a menthol cigarette flavor, but just a mild minty flavor. Right now I have "Tombstone" from a company called Villain Vapors ... it's a sort of light mint/fruit flavor (tastes like Ice Breaker Duos, honestly). The only other menthol at this shop felt like inhaling an icicle. Tasted good, just too strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread