First vv - Buzz Pro or Infinity Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

marviner

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
I know cold. I used to ride my snowcat when the windchill was -60F didn't figure out what the temp was going 40mph on a cat. I put gas in it one day and the funnel froze to my hand instantly. And that was nothing like the cold you get though.

That can happen. When it gets cold enough the gas (like pretty much everything else) just freezes instantly. If you keep your snowmobile or car outside over night (especially cars without block heater), then there's really no hope to get 'em started in the morning. Oil becomes so stiff that you can make sculptures out of it.

Those -58F temperatures are pretty rare though (except in Lapland). We might get just below -22F every other winter in southern Finland for few days. Summers on the other hand are quite warm (68F - 86F or sometimes a bit higher than that).

Last edited:

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
It didn't take me to long to realize the first time we had a negative 40 degree day that I should have put the car in the garage. Haven't made that mistake since. In my opinion, there isn't much of a difference between negative -22 and negative -40, they are both just REALLY cold. I'm just thankful we haven't hit -58. But without fail, there is always at least one week out of the winter here that gets below -30. And when that happens good luck getting the cars started and taking a shower because the pipes usually freeze. Just the cost of living some where so beautiful.

marviner

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
It didn't take me to long to realize the first time we had a negative 40 degree day that I should have put the car in the garage. Haven't made that mistake since. In my opinion, there isn't much of a difference between negative -22 and negative -40, they are both just REALLY cold. I'm just thankful we haven't hit -58. But without fail, there is always at least one week out of the winter here that gets below -30. And when that happens good luck getting the cars started and taking a shower because the pipes usually freeze. Just the cost of living some where so beautiful.

You're absolutely right. The other positive side of course is that when I notice that I can survive (even in pretty extreme weather) it gives me some self confidence. And anyway weather is not always that extreme - most of the winter is actually quite pleasant.

Edit: Talking about pleasant and beautiful winter days... I found this video which says it all. Tarja Turunen (former lead vocalist of Nightwish) on vocals (and piano):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread