• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Forgiveness is so incredibly important. The reason we even have salvation is because of forgiveness. The only reason we have a chance at everlasting life is because of forgiveness. God forgives us for all of our wrong doings through the blood of Jesus.

If we are forgiven all of our sins, then we must forgive all sins commited against us. This is ALOT easier said then done because for most of us, it's hard to forgive sometimes.

To forgive or not to forgive is a choice, we all have free will and we make the choice to obey God's command to forgive or not.

What does the bible say about forgiveness?

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Matthew 6:14-16
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

So, it's very clear that we must forgive as that is part of Love. I have a hard time with this sometimes myself, and sometimes it takes me a while to truly forgive. But, it's something that we must constantly work on, and praying about, because God forgives us so we must also forgive others too.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Another reason that forgiveness is so important is that the hurt, anger, disappointment.....stands between you and God. To forgive is to release the hold that satan has on your heart. Satan only needs a little toe hold and before you know it, the incident is larger than it was, still feeding off of your emotions. Trust me when I tell you, don't trust your emotions. Emotions are fleeting. Emotions incite.

True story:

I was on my way to work. I was trying to deal with the biggest heartache of my life. The Lord spoke to me:

"You must forgive ______."

I answered, "I don't want to. _______ doesn't deserve it!" (I know I was bold, but I said it respectfully and truthfully. He already knew my heart. There was no use lying about it.

Then it came to my mind, "Who of us deserves salvation?"

I sat there, wrestling with the truth. It's difficult as a Christian to fight with the truth. You can't win.

So then I said, "Okay, Lord. I will forgive ONLY because You've asked me to, not because I want to."

It's a decision. It's a choice. Jesus even covered Judas' sins on the cross. Once you forgive, you achieve freedom! The other person isn't controlling you anymore. You may not feel any different, but you will. Keep saying it until you believe it! THEN, step 2......forgive yourself. It's amazing how much easier it is to forgive others in comparison to forgiving yourself. Even if you have to stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself you forgive yourself.....you'll get there. And those other times when satan brings up your past failures, confess it if you've not asked for forgiveness, then the next time satan throws it in your face, just say, "I rebuke you in the Name of Jesus Christ, and cast you into the abyss!" That should do it!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread