Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit. I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item in this Test. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • FM Chip 3.0
    • Fullspectrum LED lights
    • Slide Switch to lock / unlock the device
    • Output 5-100W
    • Multiple Battery Compatibility
    • Choice of various output modes
    tank with child safety system
    • Top Filling
    • Adjustable airflow
    • New Double Mesh coils FL

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-2.gif

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Packaging:
    The cardboard has a black background on the front and rear. The remaining sides create a broad spectrum multicolored effect. On the front we find a stylized image of the kit, the color of the sample, the Freemax brand, the name of the product, some main features in the form of icons and the general warnings on Nic. On the back of the package are exposed; specifications, content and more warnings on Nic.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-3.jpg

On the long sides of the box you can see; the scartch & Check, and a barcode containing also a small image of this kit. Also you can read; the name of this device, and various warnings. You can also see the social networks where FreeMaxtech carries out its sales promotion, and also the legal logos & trademarks.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-4.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Packing List:
    • 1 * Freemax Maxus Solo 100 W Mod
    • 1 * Freemax Fireluke Solo Atomizer
    • 1 * pre-installed 0.15Ω FL1-D Mesh Coil
    • 1 * 0.2Ω FL2 Mesh Coil
    • 1 * 5ml glass tube
    • 1 * USB Type-C Charger
    • 1 * 18650 Battery Adapter
    • 1 * Extra Silicone Oring
    • 1 * Warning Card
    • 1 * Warranty Card
    • 1 * User Manual
    • 1 * Desiccant sachet

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-5.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Specifications:
    • Size: 28.8 * 42.8 * 90mm
    • Weight: 123g
    • Output voltage: 0.7-7.5V
    • Input voltage: 3.3-4.2V
    • Output power: 5-100W
    • Output mode: Watt (Normal, Sport, ECO) / VPC / Bypass / TC-NI / TC-TI / TC-SS316 / TCR
    • Resistance range: 0.1-3Ω
    • Battery: Single external 18650/20700/21700
    • Charging specification: 5V / 2A

● Fireluke Solo Atomizer (Coils Platform FL):
    • Size: φ28 * 50.35mm
    • Capacity: 5ml (2ml TPD)
    • Thread: 510
    • Drip Tip: 810

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-6.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Available colours:
    • Cobalt Blue
    • Black
    • Sea Blue
    • Golden
    • Gun Metal
    • Red

I received the Cobalt Blue version from FreeMax which is really my favorite if I had to buy it. However, I must say that all the other colors are also interesting, in particular I like the black and red versions.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-7.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; First Impressions:
    Maxus Solo is a recent Mod by Freemax with a strong and sturdy zinc alloy frame, overall though, Maxus Solo turns out to be quite light. It's not a big mod, but it's not super small either as it can accommodate a single battery (21700, 20700 or 18650) and can deliver up to 100W. Maxus Solo also features VPC, Bypass, TC and TCR modes. The Maxus Solo Boost circuit is indispensable and necessary for the proper functioning of the Mod when the battery level is low. The Mod features LED lighting on the front and back of the device. These LEDs can be set in a variety of ways with an incredibly broad spectrum of colors and choreography. Of course, the lighting can be completely deactivated by making only the display visible.

The new Fireluke Solo tank (paired with the Maxus Solo Mod) uses Freemax's new FM COILTECH 5.0 with dual mesh SS904L and tea fiber cotton, and remains compatible with the excellent Coils FM COILTECH 4.0 platform.
    The Fireluke Solo tank has a tank capacity of 5ml (2ml TPD) with the dual slot adjustable airflow. When it comes to DL vaping performance, Freemax is the gold standard for their amazing coils, both for flavor and durability. You can't go wrong choosing Freemax coils and tanks as they are consistently on top. I am currently having a lot of fun with both the updated Fireluke Tank and the Marvos CRC Pod Tank which is installed on the Marvos X 100W Mod which I will talk about very soon in an upcoming review.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-8.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Screen and control keys:
    The screen surrounded by LEDs extends over the entire front profile of the Mod. The transparency of the screen allows you to see the chip. Of course, if you are not a fan of the LED and its many settings, you have the option to turn it off and you can only view the background of the display with one of the six basic colors. Also on the Display you can rely on a complete set of information. The FIRE key is located at the top, slightly protruding and rectangular in shape with a longitudinal dividing line in the center, the same design is reserved for the "+ and -" adjustment keys which are located at the bottom and above the Type-C charging port .

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-9.jpg

Maxus Solo also implements the Mod lock function through a sliding button positioned on the side, this button may seem trivial, because you can lock the keys while continuing to vape, or you can turn off the Mod with five clicks before putting it back in your pocket. Actually the Mod lock slide button can come in handy when you want to quickly turn off the LED lights to show them when you decide to vape to you and all your nerdy friends. It seems to me an intelligent management to be able to turn off the lighting both momentarily and quickly using the button, or totally through the setting. Deactivating the LED certainly saves battery energy, for a longer vaping autonomy.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-10.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; The menu offers the following options:
    ● These are the main operations you can perform with this device. I hope the following pointers can help you understand how this product works.
    • Key lock / unlock: Press and hold the “+” and * - ”buttons for 1 second simultaneously
    • Device lock: Slide the side switch down to lock. At this point, regardless of the key pressed, the message "DEVICE LOCK" will always appear on the screen. Move the switch up to unlock and access the main interface
    • Output mode selection: Press Fire 3 times to enter setting status and click Fire again to enter mode setting; press the "+/-" buttons to choose Power (Normal, Sport, ECO) / VPC / Bypass / TC (SS316, NI, TI) / TCR, (TCR 1, TCR2, TCR 3);
    • VPC Power Setting: Switch to VPC in the mode state, Press Fire to confirm and press "+/-" buttons to choose. Press and hold Fire for 2 seconds to exit. After setting, the real-time curve output will be shown on the screen when vaping
    • TCR Setting: Switch to TRC on the mode status, press "+/-" buttons to choose TCR 1, TCR 2 or TCR 3. After confirming the secondary mode, move the cursor to the TCR value option and press Fire to enter the adjustment interface
    • Firing Wattage Setting: In TC mode, move the cursor to the wattage option and press Fire to confirm the selection, then press the "+/-" buttons to adjust
    • TC mode resistance lock: In TC / TCR mode, press "+/-" buttons to choose resistance option in the upper right corner, then press Fire to enter and use "+/-" buttons to choose LOCK / UNLOCK
    • Activation / deactivation of the automatic coil test: press and hold fire and the "-" button at the same time for 1 second to access the SETTING menu, or press Fire 3 times to access the setting status, then select the SETTING option to access ; Select COILTEST option in SETTING menu, press "+/-" buttons to turn on / off.
    • Timeout setting: Select TIMEOUT option in SETTING menu, press "+/-" buttons to set from 5s to 15s (default timeout limit is 10s)
    • Theme Color: Select THEMECOLOR option in SETTING menu, press "+/-" buttons to change theme color.
    • Turn on / off the LED light: Select the LED ON / OFF option in the SETTING menu, press the "+/-" buttons to turn on / off
    • Change LED color and effect: Select LED CONTROL option in SETTING menu, press "+/-" buttons to choose LED color and effect.
    • Switch Temp Unit (° C / "F): Select the ° C / ° F option in the SETTING menu, use the" +/- "buttons to choose
    • Puff Reset / Time Reset: Select the PUFF RESET / TIME RESET option in the SETTING menu, press Fire to reset the counter
    • Factory data reset: Select the RESET option in the SETTING menu, press Fire to restore factory settings; Or press and hold Fire and the "+/-" buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-11.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Side and rear profile:
    The frame entirely surrounds the Mod, the metal is thick and sturdy and looks like it can withstand everyday wear and tear. The clear part surrounded by the LED lights extends from panel to panel, so the back is also clear with a design that allows the LED lights to shine incredibly powerfully. My mon photographs do justice to these super bright highly scenic LEDs.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-12.jpg

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-13.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; 510 thread and bottom base:
    The gold plated pin is spring loaded and is positioned in the center at the top of the Mod. The Tank Fireluke with its 28.5mm diameter is perfectly housed on the Mod. In the lower part of Maxus there is an arrow indicating the opening direction of the door to insert or remove the external battery.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-14.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Battery compartment:
    By opening the flap you can insert a 20700, 21700 or 18650 battery with the adapter included in the kit. The indications for the battery polarity are found on the inside of the flap. This system is my favorite for inserting a battery, this is flawless, closes securely and meets my expectations.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-15.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Tank Fireluke Solo:
    For this test (TPD version) Freemax was kind enough to send me a 5ml convex Pyrex glass for my Fireluke Solo. Refueling is child-proof and this system is great for their safety. The top cap opens after lifting it and sliding it following the arrow indicating the opening direction.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-16.jpg

The Fireluke Solo Tank adopts a replaceable 810 Drip Tip, moreover the tank is completely removable to facilitate cleaning operations. The coils are inserted from the bottom and after having unscrewed the base. The base houses an adjustable AFC system with a rotating ring with end stops. The two opposing slots are wide to allow a deep DL vape. If you turn the ring and close the buttonholes you can instead get a tighter and very precise adjustment for your RDL vape.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-17.jpg

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Coils and Vaping Test:
    Fireluke Solo is compatible with Freemax's FM COILTECH 4.0 platform but of course also with the new pre-installed FL-D COILTECH 5.0 with double Mesh.
    The composition of both Coils included with the Maxus Solo 100W kit is of military grade Mesh SS904L with tea fiber cotton.

• Pre-installed 0.15Ω Mesh Coil FL1-D Range 50-80W:
    Lately i triggered my new Coils (only the big ones for DL) with a rather original method, tying them with a thread and immersing them completely in the liquid bottle for 10 seconds. I must say that with this method I feel good and I don't waste time. Then I slightly dry the outside of the coils and put it in the tank, then I fill the tank with e-liquid and wait about 10 minutes. Starting to use the FL1-D Coil I start at 40W and slowly increase the power up to 50W, then I start making longer puffs with my strawberry 70/30 e-liquid. The first Puffs (50W) are clean and free of weird flavors, but the results in terms of flavor and vapor are already impressive. I decide to try all the powers up to reach 80W with the airflow completely open and the results are more monstrous. I must say that at 80W the heat begins to be felt even if it is not excessive, so I find my weak point at 65W and I continue to enjoy my strawberry with enormous satisfaction. Testing the RDL style it seems that even at low wattages from 40 to 50W the coils work well, are responsive and taste great in combination with an open AFC setting of 50% or even less.

• Mesh Coil FL2 0.2Ω Range 50-80W:
    As before I used the same strawberry e-liquid and started vaping the same way as before: Starting at 40W and reaching 50W to start taking longer hits. At 50W the flavor and vapor start to be nice and without weird flavors. So I try all powers up to 80W. The test produced results very similar to the previous FL1-D resistance, but with slightly less intense and full-bodied flavor and vapor (for the same Watt). With this Coil I found my weak point by setting 55W of power with the AFC ring open for 40/50%.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-18.jpg

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-19.gif

► Freemax Maxus Solo 100W Kit; Final conclusions:
    The Mod Maxus Solo with the many advanced functions it possesses might seem difficult to set up, in reality it is simple and it does not take much time to learn. The display offers a complete overview of information and settings. Some people might argue that all those lights are annoying and useless, others will love them and be impressed. In any case, you can always turn off the LED.

The flavor and vapor of FL Coils are really hard to beat! Freemax continues to produce high-level innovative products with evident results for all to see. I don't think you will be disappointed if you buy one of these kits.

Thanks to Freemax for sending me this sample for review.
    Maxus Solo 100W Kit | FREE MAX. FLAVOR MAX.

Thanks for reading.

Freemax-Maxus-Solo-100-W-Kit-20.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread