? From. newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loreta

Jan 30, 2011
Malta
I ordered my starter kit without really knowing much about this new way of smoking. A friend asked me something about the liquid used and I said what liquid!!! I didn't have any with my kit, so I looked into it and planning on buying some tomorrow evening.
My question is van I start using my new e-cir without this liquid?
I'm still a bit confused about it all. :confused:

EMTJH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
Missouri
What stater kit did you get? Did it come with any pre-filled cartridges? If it did you will have a day or two depending on how many it came with. I would get online now and order some liquid, or try and bum some from your friend. Do not try to vape without liquid! There are a lot of great vendors to try so I recommend buying sample packs in various mg and seeing what will work for you. The main thing to remember is that no liquid will taste like an analog, so don't give up. I am only a couple weeks in and have about 20 different bottles and still searching for that perfect one. more vg (vegetable glycerin) will give you more vapor and a little less throat hit and flavor, more pg (polypropylene glycol) will give you less vapor, more flavor and a harsher th. Hope I didn't confuse you to much. Good luck and congrats on making the switch!

Loreta

Jan 30, 2011
Malta
Oh thanks for replying so quick, I'm really nervous and at the same time excited about this change... I got the Intellicig starter pack and yes it does come with pre filled cartridges. I'm going to buy some liquids from the drugstore here just to keep me going but will search online for some... So many to choose from

Thanks again, I'm still finding this all confusing

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
No you can get it anywhere - the taste is personal but you will find that some are better than others. the only real thing you need concern yourself with is the PG/VG concentrations (thin with hit/ thick with sweeter) and what to try. Have fun and explore the vast emporium of flavors.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Just to be very, very, very clear -- you can't just use any old liquid you have lying around (water, milk, beer, whiskey, orange juice, etc). E-cigarettes, or personal vaporizers, are designed to use PG or VG based liquids (hover your mouse of PG or VG to get definitions), with flavoring and nicotine extract mixed in. It's highly unlikely that you'll find these liquids at your corner drugstore. Your local tobacconist might carry some, but more than likely they don't. Thus you'll need to buy online. A good place to start is where you bought your starter kit.

As for whether or not you need liquid, your starter kit should come with everything you need to get started (thus "starter kit"). Depending on what you got, it will either have several pre-filled cartridges (for models that use a separate atomizer) or several pre-filled cartomizers (atomizer and cartridge together in a single unit). These carts/cartos only last as long as there's liquid in them, and when they run dry you'll need to either replace them or fill them back up with more liquid.

Follow Numevexo's link above and all should be made clear.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
One good place to buy ejuice is FreedomSmokeUSA - lots of flavors including lots of tobaccos. Only some of their flavors are available as 3ml samples and the samples are fixed PG/VG and 24mg. But in their other sections you can find all of their juices. When a PG/VG selection is offered I usually get 70pg/30vg or 80pg/20vg if I want more TH. PG is thinner and lets through more nicotine TH (throat hit). VG is thicker and cuts TH a bit but adds more visible vapor.

Another good one is Backwoods Brew (all of their are 70/30).

And I like Velvet Vapors too, especially their sweet Vanilla Almond Tobacco which is mostly rich vanilla, and their Raspberry Ginger Ale.

If you bought a really small 3-piece e-cig with plastic carts that push on over the atomizer then they may have a recessed juice cup - if so then this is how to fill a similar cart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXGMVDa6bhk

If you have a 2-piece model then you have cartomizers and how you can fill them will depend on whether the cap at the mouth end comes off easily and whether the vendor ships the cartomizers with clear flexible caps on the end (we call them carto condoms and there is a way to fill cartomizers using them).

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ah I didn't notice your weren't in the US. There is a Europe subforum which may be useful if you plan to order form Europe - you can find it by scrolling down the front page of ECF and you can post anoywhere on the forum once you have 5 posts/replies and about an hour's wait.

In the US re have many ripoff rebranders who resell ecigs at higher prices (one I saw charges $119 for a battery!) and those guys usually do not sell juices or blank carts because they want the customers to be locked in to them for prefilled carts. then we have the reputable multibrand hardware vendors but many of those just sell the 100% PG Chinese Dekang juice.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Well they sell the e-cig so I'm thinking they sell the juice. I know the price will be more then online, but since I don't have any I figured I would get some here then order online from the UK, which is closest to Malta

They may not have actual juice, just replacement cartridges/cartomizers, and they may not have ones compatible with whatever starter kit you got (I don't think you mentioned what you ordered?). They may also just sell kits and not replacement bits, like a lot of places in the US do.

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
I'm going to buy some liquids from the drugstore here just to keep me going but will search online for some...

Never heard of that. Doubt it. The clerk will prolly tilt their head with eyes that look like slot-machine wheels when you ask them what aisle the e-juices are on. BUT....if you do find them at a drugstore, by all means...let all of us know!

Loreta

Jan 30, 2011
Malta
Thanks for the info about the European forum, I will have a look.

I did find the juice at the drugstore. The choice is limited and they are more expensive which is to be expected here. But at least I know I can find if I need some in a hurry. Our drugstores have nothing to do with the ones in the US. Very, very different....
I'll have a look around and see about the different juices on the market, I didn't imagine there would be so many....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread