General questions of a New-Vaper xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzo

Feb 28, 2016
Firts of all, sorry for my english, I'm an italian guy and I hope you will understand what I'm writing.
I'm new in the vape-world, so i have so many questions. I bought a few weeks ago an ego battery with a 2 ohm atomizer, now I want to change and I want to get closer to the cloud-chasing world. I can't spend more than 90 euros for box, batteries and atomizer.
I'm interested in 2 products for now:
- Eleaf iStick 100 W
- KBox 120 W
And i like this atomizers (tank):
- Herakles
- Aspire Atlantis (v1 and v2)
- Delta 2
I don't know which box and which tanks are better for me, pls help XD
Fell free to suggest me new box or tanks.
P.S= I'm searching a box that can be used for almost all the tanks because I will often change and try new things.
P.S 2= I need a suggestion for which batteries i need to buy for box like Kbox 120 W or Istick 100 watt.
For now I like too much Kbox 120 W but I'm scared that it is a bad-plastic mod :( what do you think?
Thank you
Ronzo

dmskjd

Mar 4, 2016
I have the Kbox 120 and I adore it. I've only had it a couple weeks and I'm pretty sure all my information is correct. If not I'm sure someone will correct me :)

It takes (2) 18650 batteries. The battery cradle is plastic, but the metal casing completely covers it when the battery cover is on. The batteries generally will last me all day long and sometimes 2 days. It can be charged internally via USB cord (not included) but an external charger (not included) would be better.

The temperature control mode can be used with Ni / Ti / SS / Ni-chrome coils (though I've not had good luck with NiCh in temp control and from the reviews I've read nobody else has either). Temp control mode ranges from 100 - 315C and wattage control mode ranges from 1-120 watts so there's plenty of options for finding what fits best for you.

It can also fire atomizers as low 0.05 ohms in Temperature control and 0.10 ohms in Wattage Mode.

I've only used it with the SubTank Plus, but I've read reviews of people using it with dozens of different tanks with no problems. The wide range in settings should allow you to use just about anything. I'm currently using a .45 ohm coil at 19 watts (60/40 18mg juice) and it's just about right. From what I've been told if I want to go to higher watts I should go to a much lower mg juice. And for cloud chasing use a higher VG. Last week I was using a different juice with a .55 ohm coil at 33 watts and that was great too. Start on the low end of temp/watts and work up.

The only complaint I have with it is I sometimes have to screw the tank on and off a few times to get it to realize if it's a new coil for it to properly detect the current coil ohms.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronzo

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
P.S 2= I need a suggestion for which batteries i need to buy for box like Kbox 120 W or Istick 100 watt.
I'll attempt to give you recommendations on the batteries to get.

• Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod If using a high wattage regulated mod (over 40 watts), use a 20 - 30 amp CDR IMR battery, which ever your mod's manufacturer recommends. The processor's amp limit determines the amp requirement in this application, unlike in a mechanical mod where the atomizer resistance determines the amp requirement:
60W or higher:
Sony VTC4 2100 mah 30 amp CDR
LG18650HB6 1500mah 30A CDR.​

40W-60W:

LG 18650HG2 3000mah 20Amp CDR
Samsung 18650-25R, 2500 mah 20 amp CDR (green wrap if you can, blue wrap is just fine)
LG 18650HE2 2500 mah 20 Amp CDR
Sony 18650VTC5 2600mAh 30Amp CDR (* tested as only a 20 amp CDR)
AW 18650 3000 mah 20 amp CDR
The above recommendations are for a single battery mod. Since you will be using a two (2) battery mod you could use two of any of the above batteries. However, if you want to realize the full wattage potential of a 100 watt plus mod I'd recommend the LG HB6 or Sony VTC4.

DSC_0361__40439.1440534845.1280.1280.JPG

LG HB6
41irHBPqhrL._SY355_.jpg

Sony VTC4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread