Getting the word out

Status
Not open for further replies.

arla

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
It seems that the general public is still largely unaware of e cigs and mainstream media will not do anything to allay fears about the product in general. States are considering total bans and general ignorance and emotion based feelings rather than research and facts will decide the fate of e cigs.

I wonder if e cigs became more mainstream the outcry to ban them would much louder and vapors may have a chance at keeping the product legal. I am not the most techno person but have recently become interested in affiliate marketing and how that works. Do any of the e cig stores have affiliate marketers? I'm not sure of the profit margins for the vendors but they would certainly have an army of sales people at their disposal as well as a glut of ads on the internet (in every concievable place!) that would boost the general knowledge of the product to the public.

An example of affiliate marketing - I will use the example of article based marketing- an affiliate marketer decides to become an affiliate (seller) for E Cig Store A, the affiliate then writes numerous unique articles about the product and submits them to the many article directories on the internet (such as Ezine, Goarticles, etc...These articles all have a link to the E Cig Store and the affiliate is given a commission through the way the links work (see Clickbank for an example of how that works) they may even set up a web site for that product (using free website builders) or make pages on Squidoo, etc.... So now you have one affiliate who may have 10 ariticle out there on e cigs and a number of sites for that product. If the affiliate is doing well with that product they may choose to then buy ads and so forth.

Just a thought to help get the word out make it more mainstream and acceptable, would also help the vendors sell their products and drive people to their websites. Your thoughts?

puff-101

Moved On
Oct 28, 2009
affiliate marketing is a major marketing method on line and VERY successful. I have been involved in this in the past with many products and have done very well. I think it is a hard balance of making it mainstream/acceptable and mainstream/regulated.

One piece of advice for vendors... be selective in your affiliates. Several program I was involved with in the past were shut down or had major issues due to a few affiliates making false claims (acai berry for example) or poor representations of the product. It destroyed my revenue stream based on someone else greed and desire to make a quick buck.

I would hate to see some affiliates make claims and push information to make a buck that helps the "powers that be" further their regulatory agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread