Glass Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekove

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2012
Miami
I haven't considered the bottle tops? I don't lay my bottles down:facepalm:, as far as plastic is concerned, do you really want BPA (CH3)2C(C6H4OH)2 to leech into your juice? Here in the UK we've had many issues regarding BPA and it's safety, there is a huge movement to enforce its removal. Now, most Baby Bottles and Toys (teething apparatus) are BPA Free, but still no change on canned foods etc. sadly. For me it's Not worth the risk.:|

well, that is concerning. More and more issues are popping up with vaping every day, I think there should be more guidlines for e-juice makers. I was leaving to go back him and visit my family for 3 months, and I stocked up Juice for me and my dad...80% of which is in plastic bottles because that's what most vendors offer...I always pick glass bottles if that option is offered but yeah, guess I'll have to buy some glass bottles now and transfer the Juice.

I have seen some nasty things happen to plastic while playing around with perfume...even if it happens with e-juice in a much milder form it is scary to be inhaling that crap....the thing is glass bottles only cost 30-50 cents more than a plastic bottle at most whole sellers...so I do not see why vendors do not offer this option, or just straight up use it like copper creek does. This is an industry based on improving the well being of it's clients...

Durangler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
well, that is concerning. More and more issues are popping up with vaping every day, I think there should be more guidlines for e-juice makers. I was leaving to go back him and visit my family for 3 months, and I stocked up Juice for me and my dad...80% of which is in plastic bottles because that's what most vendors offer...I always pick glass bottles if that option is offered but yeah, guess I'll have to buy some glass bottles now and transfer the Juice.

I have seen some nasty things happen to plastic while playing around with perfume...even if it happens with e-juice in a much milder form it is scary to be inhaling that crap....the thing is glass bottles only cost 30-50 cents more than a plastic bottle at most whole sellers...so I do not see why vendors do not offer this option, or just straight up use it like copper creek does. This is an industry based on improving the well being of it's clients...

Guidelines = Regulations = Federal Involvement = Less Vendors = Higher Costs.:mad:
Do what YOU believe is right. Keep the FDA out of it.
We're all wise enough to make decisions for ourselves without ANY regulations.

Ekove

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2012
Miami
Guidelines = Regulations = Federal Involvement = Less Vendors = Higher Costs.:mad:
Do what YOU believe is right. Keep the FDA out of it.
We're all wise enough to make decisions for ourselves without ANY regulations.

I did not mean Federal involvement, I am not even American so I do not understand how this whole thing works. I meant we, ourselves, could establish a safety rating system in the vaping community in which we rate vendors based on the safety of their products.

Not all of us have a degree in chemistry to test every variable of every juice we have. But hey just my 2 cents....I've only been vaping for a month, and my health has improved since then, but last thing I want is to realize a few years later than I have inhaled too much plastic.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
This is an industry based on improving the well being of it's clients...
I totally agree with you some regulation is required if only self regulation, I have previously purchased Juice, was told it was a UK Product, made in UK was 50/50 pg/vg, and when it arrived it was made and bottled in china, 100 pg.
Go figure? Yes, I could've sent it back but for the price, it would've cost me more in postage than its worth. Still, what can you say, since then I've DIY'ed.

As far as BPA is concerned, this is something we find in all canned foods; they use plastic to line the tins, same with tetra packs, kid bottles, pacifiers etc.
I only found out about it because my sister-in-law is a Stickler about the health of my nieces and nephews. I never considered it personally until I started vaping.:facepalm:

Amadodesertlady

Sep 2, 2012
Arizona
I'm very concerned about using plastic bottles for e-liquid. I didn't think about it too much until one day I received a batch of juice that spent some time in the heat and had an extreme melted plastic taste to it. Now I wonder what is leaching into my juice that I can't taste or haven't yet noticed. It's a serious concern because even though the liquid itself may be relatively safe, vaping plastic all day cannot be good for you. I'd really like to see vendors package their products in all glass. I would happily pay more for that service as the peace of mind that comes with the healthiest possible product is worth the extra money in my opinion.

Heat will breakdown some plastics and cause them to leach making them carcinogenic - which is why they say never to drink water from a plastic water bottle that has been left in the sun, or microwave food in those disposable plasic containers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread