Go on a quest for a hybrid? Or just get a rebuildable Genesis style atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martini

Jul 14, 2011
New Jersey
Hello all,

Recently I've been mulling over whether to try and attain one of the difficult to acquire hybrids, or just get a genesis style atomizer to use atop other mods both mechanical and regulated. This is an area of vaping I've yet to venture into, and feel now is the best time. I've got a Provari, which I am sure will provide a nice experience with one, and have seen many solid looking mechanical mods readily available of all different quality for exploring low ohm coils if I choose to. What I wish to know, is there any functional advantage to using a hybrid mod (Zen, Ihybrid etc) over say a Cobra or Aga-T2 with a decent PV?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Martini

Jul 14, 2011
New Jersey
I am definitely considering getting an AGA-T regardless, but the opportunity to get something nice has arisen, and the stars have aligned right for once and I actually have the cash and a birthday coming up so it is the occasion to treat myself to something nice. Tis the first time since fall of 2011. Since the window to purchase devices such as the hybrid mods and high end mechanicals are often fleeting, I am prepared to take a gamble on the unknown. I'm very much into vaping, and whatever I purchase will definitely be put to good use.

All that said - would an electric angel or poldiac or other mechanical mod coupled with a Genesis style atomizer perform on the same level as a hybrid mod itself? I understand devices come in various levels of quality; I'm more looking at general performance.

Thanks!

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
If you can get what you want now I would do it, if you don't like it chances are you wouldn't have any trouble selling it for a minimal loss.

This is probably sound advice. As long as what you are getting is a known quality device, offloading shouldn't be an issue.

As for hybrid vs mech/genny (higher end)...I have both and either produce a fantastic vape if you do your part.

Since for now, this is likely to change with the Zen 2, hybrids limit you to what they come with...a mech/genny combo would probably be better if you are not looking to buy a bunch of devices. That way if you want a rebuildable dripper or a carto tank, you can use that too.

Martini

Jul 14, 2011
New Jersey
Since for now, this is likely to change with the Zen 2, hybrids limit you to what they come with...a mech/genny combo would probably be better if you are not looking to buy a bunch of devices. That way if you want a rebuildable dripper or a carto tank, you can use that too.

Very good point, as keeping open to options is definitely desirable as I'd much rather have a few versatile devices than a slew with one trick to them. I will look into the Zenesis 2 (they would start mentioning this just as I'm considering getting the first haha!) I saw a video up that I can hopefully squeeze in before retiring.

Not certain I could ever sell a mod; I still have a place on my shelf for my now fried tekk mod as it was my first mod. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it. Besides it just looks too cool.

Thank you all for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread