Go VV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocheir

Sep 27, 2012
United States
Still totally new to all this, but after messing around with voltages on my KGO VV for the past week... I have to say...

For people just starting - skip the standard EGO battery. Get a VV right off the bat. The KGO is only $26... the Ego Twist/Spinner is not far off of that, haven't bought one so I don't know the exact price... it makes a HUGE difference.

I started off with an EGO Clearomizer, Very Low Resistance, and found a sweet spot around 3.7 volts, maybe lower or higher at times...

Today I got a Vivi Nova tank, with the 2.4 ohm atomizer installed... and all day I was using it at 4.0 volts or below. Just tonight, I discovered that bumping that voltage up to 4.2 or 4.3 brought out the flavor of my Perique juice. While the flavor was tolerable at lower voltages, that slight bump up changed the flavor dramatically. Suddenly there is a distinct and enjoyable tobacco flavor once you get it to the right voltage.

Being new to this, there is a lot of information to wade through. Variable Voltage is cheap enough now that starting with a VV battery makes dealing with all the other information just a little bit easier. Get a VV battery, get some juice that seems to your liking, and I think that for a newbie the Vivi Nova or an EGO clearomizer is probably the easiest first purchase... It has been wonderful for me.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Though now I'm starting to question myself... some of the flavor that I've brought out in my perique liquid is very woodsy and vaquely reminiscent of a campfire... and I love that flavor... but am I just enjoying a flavor that's not supposed to be present as I burn the hell out of my wick/atomizer/whatever?

Even 4.8 volts would only produce 9.6 watts and 2 amps. That's not enough to damage anything. You decide which setting produces the flavor or amount of vapor you want, at the time. You do not have to settle for one setting forever (like regulated PVs). Your tastes or requirements may change during the day and you have the built-in flexibility to meet these changes.

Relax, Enjoy!

Apocheir

Sep 27, 2012
United States
Even 4.8 volts would only produce 9.6 watts and 2 amps. That's not enough to damage anything. You decide which setting produces the flavor or amount of vapor you want, at the time. You do not have to settle for one setting forever (like regulated PVs). Your tastes or requirements may change during the day and you have the built-in flexibility to meet these changes.

Relax, Enjoy!

Great to hear - after lunch today I noticed that I wasn't getting quite the flavor that I had been earlier in the day, but I was afraid to bump it up much past 4.5 volts. Good to know I don't have to .....foot around this thing - I had been looking at the chart posted by Grimm Green, which I know even he mentioned that it wasn't an exact science on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread