(Gold?!) Plating on deck scratching off Tobecco Plume Veil

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, the gold plating (is it even real gold plating?) is scratching off my Tobecco Plume Veil clone... Should I be worried to somehow ingest this? Either by excess getting to the coils and burning and or just breathing in small flakes? A wee bit iffy in this clone here, it's even bubbling on the bottom near the 510 also, not as a big of a deal as it scratching off on the deck and walls. Should I stop using this all together, or should I try to salvage it somehow by scratching it all off the deck? :-O Wishing I just bought the authentic or a clone with no plating.

:confused:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the replies! Does anyone know if Tobecco used real gold plating? Or some other type of finish that when burned turns into chem trails? lol. btw I'm not bashing Tobecco, I think they do a great job, but just like everything else out there in the world, nothing's ever perfect.

It's definitely not gold plating. Heat resistant paint, maybe... I don't know. But authentic gold plating doesn't peel like that.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It's definitely not gold plating. Heat resistant paint, maybe... I don't know. But authentic gold plating doesn't peel like that.

Any plating can peel, depending on the application process and preparation before application.

That said, Scratching off also implies something doing the Scratching. e-liquid is not abrasive.:)

Any plating can peel, depending on the application process and preparation before application.

That said, Scratching off also implies something doing the Scratching. E-liquid is not abrasive.:)

Combo between heat and user error lol. But some of it was unavoidable, like sliding the chamber over the deck, putting in coils, the things you do time and time again everyday with your arty, are exactly the things that will tear apart the plating. I'm not using brute force on the thing, I'm being as delicate as possible and not forcing or anything like that. Without the plating it'd be perfect, I really don't understand why it's there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread