Got a problem and can't figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Got my new Vamo yesterday. It keeps flashing 3 times. Hold Vamo upside down, insert battery, screw on cap and it flashes 3 times. Do the 5 click on a few times, says it's on, take one hit and it's dead. I'm pretty sure my batteries are charged. I purchased the batts, charger, safe bag and case from rtd vapor. The batteries are Efest IMR 18350 button top (not stacking them) and the charger is xtar MP1S.
I did notice that when you look inside the tube, the button top is not in the center. Should it be? Is this why my Vamo is not working?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Could be the battery is not making good contact.

The 3 flashes is the correct behavior when inserting a battery.

After you click on, you can hold the left button down for about 3 seconds to get the battery voltage.

A fully charged battery should come in around 4.2.

What type of atomizer are you using? A short will cause the unit to shut down, so you might try a different atomizer.

Also is the battery loose in the tube, like rattling if you shake it? That may indicate you need to mess with the spring to get better pressure/contact.

Good luck

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I can't speak to the quality of Efest batteries, but when I tried some cheap junky 18350s in my Vamo it would turn on, but not even fire, then just turn itself off and I'd have to reinsert the battery again to turn it back on. Now I'm using EH brand and their 350s have been working perfectly in my Vamo. The boost circuit draws a lot of current and if the batteries can't handle it the device shuts off.

Do you have any other batteries you could try? Do you have two 18350s? Did you try stacking and seeing if it worked like that?

It's really got to be either a bad connection somewhere, batteries that can't handle the draw, something shorting out with your heads, or the Vamo is just malfunctioning.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Are you able to get a voltage reading by holding down the left button? You can do this without anything attached. So try that.

Also, try a different carto and/or battery.

Could be defective VAMO but I would want to test with a different battery even a different type of battery and different carto/atomizer before saying that.

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Ok, the batteries I have are 2 18350's. I did stack them but it would not turn on, no flashes. So I kept tapping the side against my palm lightly until it flashed. I did notice that the first section under the power button was slightly crooked so I straightened it out. Had to do that a few times after the tapping.

Got it to flash 3 times and turn on. My carto measures 2.5, I have it set in No2, 6w-8.3v. Tried a mini T3 w/adapter, working. Switched to 1 18350, so far still working. Changed to T2 w/adapter, yup it works.

So the issue is temporarily fixed, thanks so much guys! I guess getting flat topped ones will work better?

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
That is odd, but glad you got it working. All my batteries are button tops and not an issue, short or long mode, efest and aw and panasonic.
Ok give sis....what do you think of your vamo? :)

edit: forgot to add, the button inside mine is not center either, didn't notice till you mentioned it.

Last edited:

mecocina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Florida
Hey sis.....concerning e-cigs...I seem to follow you LOL. It takes getting used to the weight and while I'm enjoying it very much now that it's working...I got a thing about having the clearo aligned with the battery.....so I made a carto tank using a 20ml syringe. It works, it's aligned but a little plain....I may have to bling it out. Where did I put those decals??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread