Got a vamo, who else thinks I got ripped off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Me
Personally, I HAVE to shop around. Helps to have a friend who finds the best places to buy first.....hehe
but as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as an "extra" 20 bucks. On a strict budget here......sheeesh stressing over juice right now!

Oh, I'm not knocking shoppin for the best deal. We all do that with everything. But we slip sometimes. Losing sleep over an extra $20 bucks on something you *know* will be awesome is no biggie. Buy $20 of juice that makes you want to gag is another story. I hate wasting money on things I hate. Paying too much for something awesome doesn't sting nearly as much.

Me

Oh, I'm not knocking shoppin for the best deal. We all do that with everything. But we slip sometimes. Losing sleep over an extra $20 bucks on something you *know* will be awesome is no biggie. Buy $20 of juice that makes you want to gag is another story. I hate wasting money on things I hate. Paying too much for something awesome doesn't sting nearly as much.
Yea if it wasnt for the shipping i would return it right away but my husband says we need the money so i absolutely have to ship it back and wait until i get the money back to get a new one, and waiting is the worst.
I mean i might get that set from fast tech since he gave such good word on the batteries&charger.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Mike Sheda:10182729 said:
I figure it's like buying a computer... look around.. find what you like.. get the best price.. buy it... THEN STOP LOOKING or you're going to cry....

Lol, I read your post and it reminded me of the scene from 'The Onion Movie' where the guy buys a computer. Probably one of the funniest but truest scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Shipping is always a personal thing. I will pay the extra if I know the vendor and I know I will get it sooner. I will pay the premium for local. Just don't look for the best deal and complain about the shipping time!
Thanks,
Sky

Just wait till amazon latches on. No way they take a pass on a $1B/yr industry once it's "accepted". I have Prime so free shipping for me. yay. At my door in 1-2 days for just a hair over FT prices.

skym57

Jul 22, 2013
Denver, Co. USA
Just wait till amazon latches on. No way they take a pass on a $1B/yr industry once it's "accepted". I have Prime so free shipping for me. yay. At my door in 1-2 days for just a hair over FT prices.

We have Prime as well, and I can't tell you how many time I have told the Wife to check Amazon first just so we can take advantage of it...
Thanks,
Sky

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
{Shrug} It seems like no matter what you buy it will be on sale somewhere else a few days later. That's how life works, but not toasters. Toasters work differently, like fish.

I got my SS Vamo from Fastech at a bargain price along with a bunch of other stuff, but they left some stuff out of the package, and they dance around that issue when you tell them they charged you for stuff you'll never get, and it's all like a toaster, or maybe, really like a fish lol.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
im not one to say anyone got ripped off or anything but... I just received a Vamo v2 with 2 batteries and a charger for right around $35 from Vaporbreak.com. Have had really good experiences with them.

I wouldn't trust those batteries or charger. You got a good deal, it might be worth putting some of that money you saved into buying good batteries and a decent charger.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Meh, $54 is kind of high for a product that has a new version out. Lessons learned: 1. You should definitely shop around before taking the plunge on an item and 2. Most mods are sold as is, without a battery, etc.. unless it is specifically stated (a kit, etc..). Really though, it actually is better that way though. Some of the batteries that come with kits don't seem very safe.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I go with who gives the best warranty and gives the best service. Read through reviews and if they're a registered supplier, check their forum. If not, do a search, they're probably mentioned. They usually have a page on their website that explains all this. Do they have a phone number or an easy way to contact them? (Maybe not as important when you've been vaping awhile, but important if you have questions with a first purchase).

A battery can last an hour or a year. It's not a bargain if they offer a DOA warranty or a week.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Meh, $54 is kind of high for a product that has a new version out. Lessons learned: 1. You should definitely shop around before taking the plunge on an item and 2. Most mods are sold as is, without a battery, etc.. unless it is specifically stated (a kit, etc..). Really though, it actually is better that way though. Some of the batteries that come with kits don't seem very safe.
Very true, and it's always a good idea to check to make sure. In the link the OP provided, the description below the item says "Body Only". The option to "make it a kit" is listed along the right side, offering choices of battery and charger and listing the additional costs. Also, in the item description it states that the Vamo requires batteries, which are "available separately". There is a sentence in red letters right below that which says Choose the Make It a Kit option to get batteries and a charger at a discounted price.

Sometimes it requires a bit of reading to make sure of what you're getting, and most vendors will include a description of "what's included" somewhere in the item listing. Nothing more frustrating than getting a new toy, only to discover that you don't have all the items necessary to use it!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Everything has it's price:

I love the people posting "where can I get the cheapest possible price on a..." and them come back .....ing when their "cheapest possible" turns out to be a cheapest possible piece of junk that quit working days or weeks after purchase. So they are looking for the next "cheapest possible" to replace it. Gets kinda expensive.

Say what you will about SmokTek pricing on the Vamo. I know the owner will do a warranty replacement in days. How long does it take to get a warranty replacement from FastTech? Can you even get a warranty replacement from FastTech? You pay a price - or not - for anything. And you get what you pay for - or not. Calling out some place as a "rip off" over a $20.00 price difference on a Vamo because they operate in the US, provide customer service, and can get stuff to you in days - or overnight if you need it - is disingenuous. You got what you ordered from a reputable vendor. If you didn't pinch your pennies hard enough to your own liking - blame yourself.

:2c:

wannanonleakage

Moved On
Jul 22, 2013
WA,USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread