Gourmet Vapor Review: Marlburro Smooth, RY4 and Seattle Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

mung

Feb 8, 2011
Atlanta
Ok, my first review, so be gentle. Got my 510 starter last Saturday and figured I needed some juice in addition to the little menthol 10ml bottle I got with the starter kit. Don't have much to compare it to, but I'll give it a whirl.

All Ejuices came from Gourmet Vapor.com:

Marlburro Smooth 24mg 80/20-Most excited about getting this one, as this was exactly what I smoked until 8 days ago. Gotta say...disappointed. Can't taste a menthol or spearmint in it at all...the impression I got was the taste of pepper! Not terrible, but as I had such high expectations for it, it was the most disappointing. Decent throat hit. It was the only bottle I ordered that was 80% PG. Best vapor out of the 3 (due to the VG I'd imagine) Maybe a double strength 100% PG trial is in order.

RY4 24mg PG- I really wasn't expecting much from the non-menthol blends. Truthfully, I had a hard time tasting it. Maybe as my tastebuds recover from all my analogue smoking, I'll have a better update. From what little I could discern, it was smooth and mellow.

Seattle Blend 24mg PG- Again, being a menthol smoker, I felt this was more of an experiment into my first purchase of ejuice flavors more than anything. HOLY CRAP, was I wrong! What an awesome blend of dark rich Coffee flavors that blends with a rich tobacco taste! Lovely throat hit! Starbucks has officially lost my money forever...I'm INHALING my coffee from now on! Even had my coworkers comment on how wonderful the vapor smelled. Will undoubtedly order again!

Wrap Up
-Marlburro Smooth 3/5
-RY4 2/5
-Seattle Blend 4/5

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
I did the tobacco thing on my first round of juices too thinking there was no way I'd touch the cartoon flavors. I did one of the little sampler packs and after rolling through everything I found I couldn't touch the tobacco after anything else. The cherry is what I liked the most. I still have like 5 cartos with menthol in them cause I smoked that for 10 years but almost never vape it.

My turning point was the first time I tried cheesecake out of morbid curiosity. I swear the vapor clouds parted and a beam of sunshine hit me in the head while I heard angels singing.

If you dig coffee try a small bottle of the maiden coffee on GV's front page. It's OMG kick you in the teeth coffee and soo good for coffee lovers.

Point is, if your best is a 4/5 keep trying different stuff, even if it doesn't sound as appealing. You'll likely stumble upon several 5/5 for you. I have a ridiculous collection now so anyone I know can experiment for hours to see what makes them happy!

cliff

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Texas
So after using tv tobacco menthol for months thought I'd see what else is out there..my first try with gv was there va-jennys juice 90pg/10vg tob.men.I thought it was great, vg tends to bother me sometimes but need it for vapor.On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 8, sweet but not to though it could have used a touch more tob.flavor imo_Other than that I was satisfied...except for pkg.looked like it had been ran over but I'm suspect thats usps

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
Welcome Mung
My first set of samples when I started vaping was from Gourmet Vapor, I too had a hard time getting any flavor from it, but from what I could taste it seemed like it would be good if the flavor was stronger. They are one of my favorite juice suppliers now. I found out two things - my sense of taste needed a little time to come back and also that these GV flavors must steep. I think if you go back to these in a week you will be happily surprised. When I reordered I did get double flavor thinking I'd cut it down and save some money - didn't happen... I still let it steep and I love it. Now I ordered it triple flavored and I WILL cut it down (and save money) I WILL. I haven't tried Marlburro Smooth but I also love Seattle Blend and RY4 and my top fav is the 555 Black Label but I have quite a few that I like there.

mung

Feb 8, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks for the advice! I'll let the juices steep for a week or so, but it'll have to be a while off. Those 3 and my little 10ml bottle of Menthol from Vapor Kings are all I have at the moment...gotta build up my supplies. Also noticed that the other atty I was using for the 3 Gourmet Vapor juices seems to not be kicking as hard as atty prime that I'm using. Gonna order a bulk order and see if a fresh atty changes my perspective on these juices. If so, I'll happily update my reviews.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
I ordered seattle blend, ry4 and 555 black label from Gourmet Vapor and of the 3 my favorite is seattle blend, that's my new wake up vape- reminds me of the 'old days' of having my first morning cup of coffee with a cig. I will definitely reorder. The Ry4 is really good too, much better imo than dekang ry4 which I absolutely hate. The only one I'm not really thrilled with is 555, it has a strong chocolate flavor and while I love chocolate, I don't like to vape it.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Hi Mung and thank you for the review. You stated you recently received your 510 starter kit. Welcome to the world of vaping and the jungle of juices.

Your taste buds are changing as you read this. And they will continue to change for quite sometime. You may have noticed that some of your favorite foods taste different. This is part of the detoxing and healing process we all go through when we start to vape.

You will find juices you love right out of the mailbox. Other juices will leave you running for the mouthwash. Do Not toss or give away the juices that are not to your liking. Not yet anyway. Not too far down the road, the juices you don't like today May become your favorites - or at least tolerable.

You will eventually accumulate a few juices and juices can be mixed together to create something you do like. You'll do this right at your own kitchen table.

Many juices that are hand-crafted or hand-mixed as you place the order require a steeping time. They are, after all, mixed especially for you. This means the flavors have not blended. Think of a big pot of Chili. Good tonight. Super Good tomorrow night after is has sat a day in the frig.

Shake the bottle well each time you use it. Keep those flavors mixed in.

If you need juice fast, you can try to remove the cap and drip tip from your bottle of juice and let it set Open a day or two. That may accelerate the steeping process.

Store your juices in a cool, dark place. In a box on a closet shelf is just fine. Remember to guard your juices when you are driving in your car. Sun coming in the car window can and will affect your juices.

Juices have a considerable shelf life. You do not need to open the bottle and use it right away. They last a long, long time in a cool, dark place.

Hope you found something helpful in my note.
Happy Vaping and Wishing you All The best,

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread