Halo Ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
In the 2012 awards post , they are rated pretty high, but not in the very top tier.

I've ordered the top juices on the list, and I'm plenty satisfied, but the Halo looks intriguing.
Do you still have the link to 2012 awards? Please post it here. Which juices specifically have you ordered?

I have tried all Halo's tobacco flavors and I have tried a lot of juices form popular vendors, too. There are a lot of great fruit/desert and other juices out there, but quality tobacco juices are the hardest juices to make. It takes real skills to make them right, which probably explains why they are so hard to find. I have high hopes for want2vape juices, which I ordered today, but from what I have tried thus far, I only like Halo's juices. My favorites are Longhorn, Captain Jack and Tribeca. Turkish Tobaco and Midnight Apple are also good, but it really depends on what you are looking for. I like bold, in-your-face, complex flavors. And I also like an actual tobacco taste. In terms of real tobacco taste, Turkish and Midnight Apple probably come the closest, but the taste is mild, in my opinion. Tribeca, Longhorn and Captain Jack have bold, aromatic, distinctive flavors and very good throat hit - as I have already mentioned, I like that - but in my opinion, they are lacking an actual tobacco taste. Maybe it is in there somewhere in the background, but it is not "the star" of show.
If you are looking for good tobacco juices, this list might be helpful.

P.S. I forgot to mention Torque 56. I like it, too, but my favorite is Longhorn.

Last edited:

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Went with Halo's variety sample when I first started vaping based on the stellar reviews on ECF...overall, disappointed (nice tin box though).

Tribeca (meh...) - traded for Kringle's Curse (meh...)
Torque56 (yuck!) -traded for Midnight Apple (yum~)
Malibu (meh...) - mixed with Menthol ICE to finish the bottle
Tiki Juice (yuck!) - poured 1/2 bottle down the sink
Prime15 (disgusting!) - poured entire bottle down the sink (-few drops)
Menthol ICE (yum~) - vape till last drop
Mystic (yum~) - so good that I ordered a 2nd bottle
Belgium Cocoa (yuck!) - poured entire bottle down the sink (-few drops)

After experiencing ejuices from other venders, decided it just wasn't worth spending the extra $$$. Taste is subjective so YMMV.

Last edited:

J Guns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Fresno, CA USA
Went with Halo's variety sample when I first started vaping based on the stellar reviews on ECF...overall, disappointed (nice tin box though).

Tribeca (meh...) - traded for Kringle's Curse (meh...)
Torque56 (yuck!) -traded for Midnight Apple (yum~)
Malibu (meh...) - mixed with Menthol ICE to finish the bottle
Tiki Juice (yuck!) - poured 1/2 bottle down the sink
Prime15 (disgusting!) - poured entire bottle down the sink (-few drops)
Menthol ICE (yum~) - vape till last drop
Mystic (yum~) - so good that I ordered a 2nd bottle
Belgium Cocoa (yuck!) - poured entire bottle down the sink (-few drops)

After experiencing ejuices from other venders, decided it just wasn't worth spending the extra $$$. Taste is subjective so YMMV.

Haha, you and I make the definition of subjective taste, methinks! Love Tribeca, ok with Kringles, Love Torque, can do without Midnight apple (not bad, per se), Malibu is a daily rotation, Tiki is a rare but pleasant vape, Prime is just OK (better when mixed with others, like Freedom, which is awesome on its own too), Menthol Ice was just ok, Mystic was nothing to write home about, and Belgian Cocoa is great as a desert.

That said, I've tried nearly all the different flavors from Halo, and they are all well-done, but we all have our favorites.

Dan33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Bay Area, USA
Been vaping mostly NlV
What is NIV?

I have ordered many flavors from places like HHV, and Mount Baker that I still can't stand, think I'll stick with tobacco flavors.
Any thoughts on Torque, I see a lot on Tribeca?
I have tried all juices in Halo's tobacco category except Tiki Juice.

My favorite Halo's tobacco juice is Longhorn, on the second place, in no particular order, are Captain Jack, Torque 56, Prime 15, and Tribeca.

Out of an entire tobacco category, the only juices that I do not get are the Freedom Juice and HX3. HX3 is like a toned down Tribeca with some menthol. The Freedom Juice is hard to describe. Halo says the taste is "mild" and I think that is where the problem is. Halo's juices are bold with strong flavors, they are not mild. The Freedom Juice just does not have enough character to stand out from the crowd. I cannot even describe the taste, it is just "blah."

I also like Turkish Tobacco. In fact, Turkish Tobacco and Midnight Apple are the only juices that actually taste like pipe tobacco. Midnight Apple is a milder version of Turkish Tobacco with an added apple flavor. It is nice, but the flavor is not as bold and strong as other flavors in the category. I like bold, in-your-face, distinctive flavors.

In my opinion, Tribeca, Longhorn, Captain Jack, Torque 56, HX3 and Freedom Juice do not have any tobacco/analog/smoke taste or flavor at all.

VAPN STUF

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
What is NIV?

I have tried all juices in Halo's tobacco category except Tiki Juice.

My favorite Halo's tobacco juice is Longhorn, on the second place, in no particular order, are Captain Jack, Torque 56, Prime 15, and Tribeca.

Out of an entire tobacco category, the only juices that I do not get are the Freedom Juice and HX3. HX3 is like a toned down Tribeca with some menthol. The Freedom Juice is hard to describe. Halo says the taste is "mild" and I think that is where the problem is. Halo's juices are bold with strong flavors, they are not mild. The Freedom Juice just does not have enough character to stand out from the crowd. I cannot even describe the taste, it is just "blah."

I also like Turkish Tobacco. In fact, Turkish Tobacco and Midnight Apple are the only juices that actually taste like pipe tobacco. Midnight Apple is a milder version of Turkish Tobacco with an added apple flavor. It is nice, but the flavor is not as bold and strong as other flavors in the category. I like bold, in-your-face, distinctive flavors.

In my opinion, Tribeca, Longhorn, Captain Jack, Torque 56, HX3 and Freedom Juice do not have any tobacco/analog/smoke taste or flavor at all.

Sorry, I meant NLV - NiteLite Vapor, Bounty Hunter and Gold are the only juices I vape everyday.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Is Halo worth the money? Hmmm...I am not sure what is ever "worth" the money. That said, considering Halo costs what it does, and I do have some (vaping it right now), I would say for me it more important to have the juice than to save that money. There is a site, Vaporbank, that is a retailer of Halo and they have a store-wide sale at the turn of the seasons which includes Halo 30 mL for $15.00. My last Halo purchase was from them. I will not be able to wait for the next sale, so I will indeed be purchasing from Halo again very soon. Halo is what I consider to be expensive, but what are you going to do if you want the juice? If you spend $100 worth a juice from them you can get a free 30 mL based on reward points--that ends up being, if buying all 30 mL, 180 mL for $100.

Good news, Halo is running a 20% off sale right now for Memorial Day, use code REMEMBER. Using the same reward points as previously mentioned, if buying $100 worth of 30 mL, you could get 6 x 30 mL (180 mL) for $100 + a free 30 mL which is 210 mL. Of course I am not sure who wants that much liquid or wants to spend that much at once, but I just wanted to work it out for bleeps and giggles. 210 mL for $100 works out to .47 a mL, so that's pretty good damn good if you really love Halo.

EDIT***

Uh, I don't know how I got my signals crossed, but you would have to buy $200 worth of liquid to get a free 30 mL. Sheesh. :facepalm:

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
Two of my favorite flavors are from Halo, however I have tried Tribecca and did not like it at all. To me it tastes like a weird cough medicine but I have read that many people do enjoy it. Overall I think they are a high quality site, I recommend buying the small size juices before committing to the high prices of the larger bottles. Good luck!

When my Tribecca arrived I absolutely did not like it. I just ignored it for 10 days, steeped it you might say, tried it again and really enjoyed it. Not my favorite, but good enough to make my top 3 or 4.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
EDIT***

Uh, I don't know how I got my signals crossed, but you would have to buy $200 worth of liquid to get a free 30 mL. Sheesh. :facepalm:

Buy 10 bottles, get the 11th free. Maybe not the deal of the century, but if you have a Halo all-day vape flavor, it helps.

I'm new to vaping and haven't tried any other ejuice. My only other vaping experience is Blu and nJoy disposables. I know people say Halo's liquid is expensive, but looking at different sites, I don't see a huge difference in price for the most part. I see some dirt-cheap places that kind of make me wonder though.

All I know is I really like their juices. Compared to $11 for a pack of smokes here in the good old Empire State, $20 for 30ml that'll last me at least two weeks seems like a steal. Especially when it easily keeps me off tobacco. Maybe I could save $5 per bottle by finding a flavor I almost like as much. The way I look at, it the system's working, don't f with it.

Everyone likes what they like. When you've found something that's still realistically saving you money and more importantly your health, don't nickle and dime it IMO.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Buy 10 bottles, get the 11th free. Maybe not the deal of the century, but if you have a Halo all-day vape flavor, it helps.

I'm new to vaping and haven't tried any other ejuice. My only other vaping experience is Blu and nJoy disposables. I know people say Halo's liquid is expensive, but looking at different sites, I don't see a huge difference in price for the most part. I see some dirt-cheap places that kind of make me wonder though.

All I know is I really like their juices. Compared to $11 for a pack of smokes here in the good old Empire State, $20 for 30ml that'll last me at least two weeks seems like a steal. Especially when it easily keeps me off tobacco. Maybe I could save $5 per bottle by finding a flavor I almost like as much. The way I look at, it the system's working, don't f with it.

Everyone likes what they like. When you've found something that's still realistically saving you money and more importantly your health, don't nickle and dime it IMO.

I love your opening line! :laugh: Yeah, don't get it twisted, I AM jumping on the sale, but I while would've ordered 5 x 30 mL for one free, the thought of 10 for one? :lol: :facepalm: :lol:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
What I do find great about HALO is how they ship.

I've yet to place an order for a single 30ml bottle, but my roommate did, and I also received the free bottle I won in a contest. HALO ships even single 30ml bottle out in a shipping box! Not a padded envelope, but a priority type box. Really nice, and guarantees damage-free delivery.

Really nice, very professional, and very good e-juice.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
What I do find great about HALO is how they ship.

I've yet to place an order for a single 30ml bottle, but my roommate did, and I also received the free bottle I won in a contest. HALO ships even single 30ml bottle out in a shipping box! Not a padded envelope, but a priority type box. Really nice, and guarantees damage-free delivery.

Really nice, very professional, and very good e-juice.

It's funny because I just recently had stop sending PIFed juices in boxes. Even as a broke vaper, I used to cringe at the notion of something I sent--even for free--getting harmed on its way to the receiver. I couldn't imagine being a juice maker and not caring.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Well, we've all heard the stories... that some, most likely the smaller vendors, might treat shipping as an afterthought and cut a few corners to save some cash. That's THE thing that separates them from many others: just pure Professionalism from website, to quality of design and quality-control of products, to the quality of the actual products, all the way through to shipping.

I believe their pricing is comparable, and they deliver in all regards.

DaneG

May 18, 2013
Florida
I love halos juices. Their website is nice, the bottles are nice glass bottles with a dripper, they taste like a high quality juice to me. All these factors make it worth the little extra money I spend. So far i've tried the midnight apple, malibu, tribecca, and hx3. The midnight apple and malibu are my favorites so far. I ordered some juice from them for memorial day and the tribecca and hx3 were in that batch. The hx3 isn't my favorite so far but with each halo juice i've tried they grow on me. It just has a real funky flavor i can't really put my finger on it. I also have been thinking that my Tribeca tastes funny. I took it into my local shop and they agree... I tried their tribeca that they were vaping and it was def not the same. He told me it even tastes like the freedom juice to him. Son on their advice I am steeping my new batch of juices I just got from halo and I will finish vaping the midnight apple and malibu that I already have. If the tribeca still tastes funny after that I will probably contact halo. Other then that I LOVE their juices. The hx3 is growing on my little by slowly but still not my favorite. The midnight apple would be my all day vape and the malibu is a delicious treat. I frickin love the taste of the malibu but it's really strong and better in small doses. I will give an update on my Tribeca and hx3 once I have steeped it for a while. I give a big thumbs up to Halo though their juice is awesome.
Heres a pic on my new order steeping :D (looks so nice)
IMG_0563.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread