Halo wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
Most of the time I can get them back in without any tape. I wet it with some spit, the twist it into a point. Then as I'm going to slide it in I twist it in the direction that's is wrapped in and it slides in. Some times it doesn't work, but I've heard good things about the tape. That's just how I do it.

Sent from behind the tree in your yard using instant pestering

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
2mm is outside diameter, yes.

I've switched to ekowool, because the silica is braided, not just twisted, so it doesn't fall apart, at least not as fast.

Teflon tape rolled into a point, I hear works, but I have yet to try it.

Well another stranger from the past!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to check in more often cuz we miss you and you give such awesome advise!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
The Ekowool is pretty stiff when braided; I seriously doubt one could squeeze it through a coil, regardless of the method, but hey, you never know.

As for the cotton core ekowool, as far as I know (there's a giant thread on it here, somewhere), it's hit and miss: it needs to be torched or at least seriously cleaned, before use, and then it's up to individual skill and taste, as to whether or not the cotton leaves an undesired taste.

Last edited:
Bottom wick needs to thread back through the coil. Top wick rests on top.

Try a minimal sliver of tape on the end, and squeeze it into a point. Hand eye coordination from there.

By 'bottom wick' you are referring to the cotton that has the tiny wire (with two free ends dangling from the center of the cotton thread) wrapped around it?
If so, are you saying all I have to do is (a) make sure the two tiny wire ends are sticking into the orifice of the coil or (b) actually stuff the wire AND the center of the cotton strand it is wrapped around into the orifice of the coil? I've tried (a) so far with no results.
If I'm completely off base, could someone kindly give me a more detailed description?
Thank you in advance!

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
By 'bottom wick' you are referring to the cotton that has the tiny wire (with two free ends dangling from the center of the cotton thread) wrapped around it?
If so, are you saying all I have to do is (a) make sure the two tiny wire ends are sticking into the orifice of the coil or (b) actually stuff the wire AND the center of the cotton strand it is wrapped around into the orifice of the coil? I've tried (a) so far with no results.
If I'm completely off base, could someone kindly give me a more detailed description?
Thank you in advance!

They are synthetic silica, not cotton.

The coil wraps around the bottom wick. If you yank it totally out, it needs to go back in the same way so that the coil is wrapped around the middle of the bottom wick.

The top wick is the flavor wick, and just helps with absorption. It rests on top of the heating element (coil).

If you're having trouble visualizing, just take the rubber condom off and pop off the metal top of the assembly. Top wick is loose and easily removed. Then you can see the natural state of the bottom essential wick.

Silica not cotton - got it. My problem is the coil is disassembled and the bottom wick is already yanked out. I am hoping to put it back, but I don't currently have a second tank or coil for reference. Not a big deal, as I have another in the mail, but I am hoping to get someone to describe exactly how 'it needs to go back in the same way'. The wire is presently wrapped around the center of the bottom wick, but I don't know how exactly to place it back into the coil assembly.

Last edited:

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Silica not cotton - got it. My problem is the coil is disassembled and the bottom wick is already yanked out. I am hoping to put it back, but I don't currently have a second tank or coil for reference. Not a big deal, as I have another in the mail, but I am hoping to get someone to describe exactly how 'it needs to go back in the same way'. The wire is presently wrapped around the center of the bottom wick, but I don't know how exactly to place it back into the coil assembly.

maybe this post from page 2 will help

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/halo/544677-easy-triton-re-wick-cotton-silica.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread