Have mini e-cigs gone the way of the dinosaur

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacc

Mar 9, 2014
Montreal
Hello. I only just discovered the entire concept of vaping last week and I'm working to get set up. I purchased an innokin iTaste vv/vw v3.0 kit (with iClear 16 clearomizers) and it's on the way to my door. But, I'd also like a mini e-cig that is discreet, for being in public and outside-the-building smoke breaks, and such.

I'm pretty much decided on a Halo setup or perhaps V2cigs. Both of these brands' mini e-cig batteries are 9.5 mm in diameter; KR-808-d1 or 510 I imagine. A real cigarette is about 8 mm in diameter. And, you'd think that 1.5 mm is nothing but you can really tell right off. The 808-d1-s are fatter and it makes for an odd looking cigarette.

So, I tracked down what looks just like an analogue and apparently those are 808-a-s and 808-b-s. They're not that easy to find. Or, what I did find seems to be no-name brands or brands that seem more at home in an infomercial. I don't want a brand that uses crappy components nor a brand that is on the way out and I'll be stuck finding cartomizers for them.

So, my question is this: Are "mini e-cigs" or "super mini e-cigs" more or less deprecated designs? And, if not, I'd appreciate a point to the one or two goto brands for 808-b-type e-cigs.

Clearly, it's not a deal breaker. If I don't find an 8 mm e-cig setup I like, well then I'll go with Halo and that isn't tragic.

Thanks.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Have you looked at the Joyetech eRoll? It's fairly recent and I think it's a big step forward in mini e-cigs (it uses refillable tanks, not pre-filled cartridges) and although it has a couple of things that could be better, like air hole placement, it gets pretty good reviews. Although I use Provaris, I am considering an eRoll for out and about or where I don't want to vape on a beastlier device.

But, I'd also like a mini e-cig that is discreet, for being in public and outside-the-building smoke breaks, and such.

I carry a pocketful of 400mAh eGo-C 'shorties' and use an eGo-C Mega Dual Coil XL cartomizer or a Kanger T2 on them. Small, discreet. I carry it all in a mesh ditty-bag, and also carry an Innokin U-Can with extra juice.

The Joyetech eRoll/Ovale eMini (same thing, OEM branding) is decent; I'd suggest carrying two in their charger cases, so you've one available to smoke whilst the other is charging.

The Halo G6 is also decent.

But the eGo-C 'shorty' setup is what I normally use in public.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread