Have you had this problem w/Ego Twist charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraF

Sep 9, 2014
Spokane, WA
I've been having some issues with the indicator light on my ego twist USB/wall charger. I used the wall adapter on my dead battery over night and today the light is still red. The other day I used the USB charger w/ my computer to charge a dead battery and the green light came on almost immediately, though the battery was obviously not fully charged. Anyone else having this problem?

I feel the need to specify a couple things after the first few posts:

*The battery IS charging, No issues with that. It's dry, clean, and plugged in correctly. The problem is that the light that is supposed to tell you whether the battery is fully charged isn't functioning properly. Not a big deal since IT IS CHARGING, but I'm curious if this is a common problem or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Last edited:

MaraF

Sep 9, 2014
Spokane, WA
Yup, not having a problem with how to do it...the battery blinks when I plug 'er in. It also seems to be charging just fine. It's just a matter of the charging unit not showing whether or not it's fully charged. Plugged into the computer it shows green EVERY time (supposedly fully charged, but I know it isn't), take it over to the wall plug it in there and the light is red and then stays red even after 12 hours or more. This is a brand new unit, just curious if anyone knows a fix.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I feel the need to specify a couple things after the first few posts:

*The battery IS charging, No issues with that. It's dry, clean, and plugged in correctly. The problem is that the light that is supposed to tell you whether the battery is fully charged isn't functioning properly. Not a big deal since IT IS CHARGING, but I'm curious if this is a common problem or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Then IT IS MALFUNCTIONING, either the battery or the charger. The only way to determine which is the source of the problem is to try another battery or another charger. You don't mess with the ICR type batteries inside an eGo. When something isn't working right you replace it. A second charger - which is the bare minimum anyone using eGo batteries should have anyway - will set you back all of $6.00 or less. It's disposable technology when it isn't working right - not repairable, and not something you screw around with to see what happens.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The question remains though, is there a better charger for this battery? If I buy another will I have the same issue?

You could try buying a name brand one like Joyetech but they might all be made at the same factory. They're all not great but it's not hard to get a bad one.
    I switched to Passthru egos just to avoid using them, lol.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    The question remains though, is there a better charger for this battery? If I buy another will I have the same issue?

When you order, just get 2. Or 3 :D

A "name" brand may or may not be better built, or may have come from the same plant. No way I know of to tell, but name brands may insist on better QC.

Since the charger does perform the same with 2 different batteries, I agree with Rick it's probably bad. If it's indication circuit (the light) is flakey, it's quite likely the charging part is, too. I'd personally not use it, as if that fault is extreme enough, it could wind up damaging the battery.

On your question about another type of charger for the ego battery,the only one I've found that is significantly different is the multi ego charger. This charger charges up to 5 ego sz batteries or 2-3 ego threaded larger batteries like Spinner, Ego C, or VV1300-1600, it plugs into a wall plug and has individual indicater lights for each battery. Cost is around $25.00-$30.00. I think fast tech has it or maybe ebay.

MaraF

Sep 9, 2014
    Spokane, WA
    On your question about another type of charger for the ego battery,the only one I've found that is significantly different is the multi ego charger. This charger charges up to 5 ego sz batteries or 2-3 ego threaded larger batteries like Spinner, Ego C, or VV1300-1600, it plugs into a wall plug and has individual indicater lights for each battery. Cost is around $25.00-$30.00. I think fast tech has it or maybe ebay.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't see any on Fast Tech, but their regular chargers are so freakin cheap I'm just gonna buy a couple and cross my fingers.

DreamerOzzy

Sep 16, 2014
    CA, USA
    I had this problem regularly with the VS2 charger that came with my battery, so I bought a new charger and wall converter at my local shop called Nor Cal Vapes and that GREATLY reduced how often I have to unplug and plug it back in to get the charger light to indicate properly. Now it's only about 3 times a week that I have to unplug and replug in. I ended up putting a switch on the extension cord I use for my chargers and that makes it easier. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread