Hcigar / FastTech 'Caravela' clone owners ... Anyone install a magnet in the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I may be wrong, but I understand that installing a magnet in the switch will be an improvement.

I have found only one supplier that sells the magnets for these clones, and that is LINK: SHOP - FatDaddyVapes.com - Home of the best vaping equipment, eliquids, and supplies!!! Cost is $10.31 after shipping.

You will need to scroll about half-way down the webpage to find these magnets, but you will see that hcigar and fasttech take one magnet, EHpro takes a different magnet, and Yesmo/Yiloong takes yet a different magnet.

Anyway, I have an hcigar Caravela clone and was just wondering if anyone here has installed one of these magnets from FatDaddyVapes in there Hcigar or FastTech Caravela .... Was it worthwhile?

Thanks,

P.S. Is there anywhere else to buy a magnet cheaper than 'FatDaddyVapes' price for the Hcigar Caravela?

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
No, I don't think replacing the fire button spring for a magnet is at all hard to figure out ... All I was asking anyone that has done this before, if it was a worthwhile improvement over the standard fire button spring arrangement.

And does anyone know if these magnets can be purchased for less than the ten bucks that FatDaddyVapes is selling them for.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Well here is a look at the switches. We can kind of see where the magnets would go on each and they look similar.

6zvts1.jpg

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I may be wrong, but I understand that installing a magnet in the switch will be an improvement.

I have found only one supplier that sells the magnets for these clones, and that is LINK: SHOP - FatDaddyVapes.com - Home of the best vaping equipment, eliquids, and supplies!!! Cost is $10.31 after shipping.

You will need to scroll about half-way down the webpage to find these magnets, but you will see that Hcigar and FastTech take one magnet, EHpro takes a different magnet, and Yesmo/Yiloong takes yet a different magnet.

Anyway, I have an Hcigar Caravela clone and was just wondering if anyone here has installed one of these magnets from FatDaddyVapes in there Hcigar or FastTech Caravela .... Was it worthwhile?

Thanks,

P.S. Is there anywhere else to buy a magnet cheaper than 'FatDaddyVapes' price for the Hcigar Caravela?

I got mine from FatDaddy. You can get a cheaper one, but the ones I tried before it were not nearly as good. I recommend FatDaddy.

I am extremely happy with mine.

EDIT:

My mod sits upright just fine, even with an 18650, nice firm (but not too firm) push to fire. A hundred times better than the stupid spring. I love this clone. It is my favorite mechanical mod, hands down.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
EddardinWinter ...

Thanks .. I will order the magnets from FatDaddy like you suggested.

I hope you are as happy with them as I am with mine. Post here when you get it!

Follow the instructions, and the installation should go smoothly.

Roaring thunderously via Tapatalk...

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
https://www.supermagnetman.net/

I've got mags in two Nemesis clones, one Vela clone, and one Astro clone. My original Nzonic and Stingray came with them already installed. Magnetic switches are a must in my household. :)

Which ones did you get for Velva from supermagnetman?

Elim

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2014
Los angeles, ca
I just received mine for the Hcigar vela and been using it throughout the day. The button press feels better, smoother and all around upgrade. However, before installing the magnets, my mod had the same 10 degree wobble, which I found incredibly annoying. Sad to say, the magnets have no effect on this wobble as it still moves around like the inflatable-flappy-happy-tube-man. :/
Gotta say that the magnets are still worth it because I just like this mod better than any other cloned mod I own(ed).

audiopistol

Apr 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I just received mine for the Hcigar vela and been using it throughout the day. The button press feels better, smoother and all around upgrade. However, before installing the magnets, my mod had the same 10 degree wobble, which I found incredibly annoying. Sad to say, the magnets have no effect on this wobble as it still moves around like the inflatable-flappy-happy-tube-man. :/
Gotta say that the magnets are still worth it because I just like this mod better than any other cloned mod I own(ed).

I use to have the wobble too. Not anymore. I went to my local hardware store and bought a thicker/tougher spring. The original spring had collapsed and I couldn't stand the mod up anymore without it firing. Once I replaced the spring it fix that issue, and also fixed the wobble. I was considering the magnets but I'm antsy and don't like waiting for things in the mail. So I drove to the hardware store and found an easier fix. The thicker spring makes the mod feel way more solid now. I love it. And even though this spring will never heat up and collapse on me, I've got another 5 or 6 of them that came in a pack to replace it with just in case it does. Easy/cheap fix. Cost me about $3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread