hcigar kayfun 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
SO.... I just lost approximately 1.25 tanks of juice in my kayfun... Not lost. I know where it went. Down my mod and all over my hand. How in the hell are you supposed to fill this dang thing. I plugged the "air" hole, put the cap on a little tiny bit, flipped it over, tightened the rest of the way, let go of the "air" hole, and juice proceeded to ooze out of the "fill" hole.
photo 1(1).jpg photo 2(1).jpg

First one shows the air flow adjustment screw (bottom) and air hole (top)
Second shows air hole (bottom) Fill hole (top)

It is sitting there until I find out what to do to keep it from leaking. It still has 3/4 a tank in it. Can I fix this or do I need to empty it and then start over banging my head against the **@#$@ wall?

edit: 2 full tanks now lost.
edit 2: I got it. After dumping my last tank out I refilled, while plugging the air hole, screwed top on half a turn, let go of air hole and flipped very quickly, lost a small amount of juice, screwed top on, wiped off, and is now producing massive clouds at 1.3 ohms. Thank the lord baby Jesus for this miraculous stroke of good luck, or else it would've been in the trash soon.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
What are using for wicking material? I've had my 3.1 clone (HC) leak badly when I used too much cotton.

Have you checked out the KF manual, the troubleshooting section covers problems like this, and talks about various things to look for.

-- Glenn

EDIT: your 2nd edit comment didn't register until after I posted, glad you got your RBA sorted.

SO.... I just lost approximately 1.25 tanks of juice in my kayfun... Not lost. I know where it went. Down my mod and all over my hand. How in the hell are you supposed to fill this dang thing. I plugged the "air" hole, put the cap on a little tiny bit, flipped it over, tightened the rest of the way, let go of the "air" hole, and juice proceeded to ooze out of the "fill" hole.
View attachment 301501 View attachment 301502

First one shows the air flow adjustment screw (bottom) and air hole (top)
Second shows air hole (bottom) Fill hole (top)

It is sitting there until I find out what to do to keep it from leaking. It still has 3/4 a tank in it. Can I fix this or do I need to empty it and then start over banging my head against the **@#$@ wall?

edit: 2 full tanks now lost.
edit 2: I got it. After dumping my last tank out I refilled, while plugging the air hole, screwed top on half a turn, let go of air hole and flipped very quickly, lost a small amount of juice, screwed top on, wiped off, and is now producing massive clouds at 1.3 ohms. Thank the lord baby Jesus for this miraculous stroke of good luck, or else it would've been in the trash soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread