Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Grrrrrrrr!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

My iPhone 12 puked yesterday. $450 to repair it. Nope. Not worth it. Shopped for a new iPhone 13. Apple Store $600, my phone/cable/internet provider (Spectrum...I call them Rectum) wants $730. Rectum will do interest free financing. Apple will do no financing. Decided to wait till tomorrow because the i15 gets released tomorrow and they typically lower prices of the older phones at the same time. We'll see.

Made my last payment on my i12 less than two weeks ago. It's a 2 year old phone and it died. Not happy! I expect more from Apple.
It should have lasted long than two years... I thought about getting the Samsung Fold 5 instead of a tablet. But nothing wrong with my phone so I'll wait. I did buy an old Kindle Fire HD 7 32GB tablet at a Thrift store yesterday. It was $10 and it turned on so I got it. I did a factory reset and it works just fine and is clean but it's dead slow. And unless I register it you can't do much with it. I did register it but I don't like the Amazon control on it. So I did a deregister. I'm looking at a couple other tablets plus Samsung has a new one due out soon. So we'll see if the price drops on some other tablets. As for this one I'll likely donate it back to the Thrift store. Wouldn't be the first time I did that.
Lazy cat...

20230818_092845.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well, I can't win. I declared my truck fixed after 3 years and 4 months of on again off again aggravation. I basked in the glory for a day when my TV crapped out. Then my phone crapped out the next day. Not allowed to enjoy everything working.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, I can't win. I declared my truck fixed after 3 years and 4 months of on again off again aggravation. I basked in the glory for a day when my TV crapped out. Then my phone crapped out the next day. Not allowed to enjoy everything working.
    Hope that gets better for you soon.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    There is an absolute cacophony going on in my backyard right now! The wild green parrots have landed. They’ve filled the oak tree. And they’ve been “singing” for half an hour so far. It sounds like a thousand of them because of the valley’s echo. I recorded them but can’t upload video on ECF. It’s incredible!

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Scottsdale,Az.
    There is an absolute cacophony going on in my backyard right now! The wild green parrots have landed. They’ve filled the oak tree. And they’ve been “singing” for half an hour so far. It sounds like a thousand of them because of the valley’s echo. I recorded them but can’t upload video on ECF. It’s incredible!
    upload to youtube then link it here for us?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    New TV installed in living room. My first 4K TV. Geez, it’s so crisp it’s like you’re watching live in person.

Phone been replaced so I’m back in the saddle. The new i15 was released Friday and they immediately dropped the prices of the old phones. Knew they would so I waited a day. Saved a couple hundred. Sprung for the i14.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    New TV installed in living room. My first 4K TV. Geez, it’s so crisp it’s like you’re watching live in person.

Phone been replaced so I’m back in the saddle. The new i15 was released Friday and they immediately dropped the prices of the old phones. Knew they would so I waited a day. Saved a couple hundred. Sprung for the i14.
    That’s a couple of silver linings right there. Make sure you upgrade to iOS 17.x. There was some urgent security update for all newer iPhones and iPads.

I am happy for you. :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

First flat screen? Cutting the cord and starting streaming? I'm a member of several cord cutting groups and could point you towards help with that, if necessary. Enjoy!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    First flat screen? Cutting the cord and starting streaming? I'm a member of several cord cutting groups and could point you towards help with that, if necessary. Enjoy!
    Any info from your groups about the price increases coming soon? Related to the writers and actors strikes. For example, I just saw that Prime streaming will have ads starting early 2024. For ad-free it’ll be $3-$4 more per month.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Well, first 4K. Graduated from the 1080s.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    Afternoon.... Another cloudy day and rain due the next two days. Saw the Doctor for my shoulder yesterday. We're now calling it as arthritis due to the being hurt. He looked at my job description and said no way can I do the lifting called for. I may have the strength for it but not the reach. So the next step is to get a functional capacity exam to see what I can do. Which may take awhile because there aren't many places that do them. The next appointment for the Doctor is DEC. 1st. Unless I get the FCE done before. All I know is it bothers me all the time..

If the tv isn't showing 4K birds and squirrels Scruffy checks out what I'm looking at...If he doesn't see any he jumps down.. :D

20230923_201601.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Afternoon.... Another cloudy day and rain due the next two days. Saw the Doctor for my shoulder yesterday. We're now calling it as arthritis due to the being hurt. He looked at my job description and said no way can I do the lifting called for. I may have the strength for it but not the reach. So the next step is to get a functional capacity exam to see what I can do. Which may take awhile because there aren't many places that do them. The next appointment for the Doctor is DEC. 1st. Unless I get the FCE done before. All I know is it bothers me all the time..

If the tv isn't showing 4K birds and squirrels Scruffy checks out what I'm looking at...If he doesn't see any he jumps down.. :D

View attachment 1001448
    Yeah, you may have to shut it down. Some things just never get better. Doesn’t surprise me one bit that it’s arthritic. Happens to the best of us.

Users who are viewing this thread