Hello all! New member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsaacJW

Dec 30, 2012
Ohio
Hello everyone. Just joined the forums, figured I'd say hello and introduce myself. :)

My names Isaac, just turned 19 today. Started smoking when I was 15. Up until I turned 17, I didn't smoke a whole lot. But after that I was easily smoking a pack a day, if not more when I was at work. A month ago I switched to vaping, bought myself a volcano inferno with the tube tank, and love it. Haven't even touched a cigarette since the 1st of December.

I'm loving my inferno so much, that I already would like to learn more about E Cigs and eventually get myself a big battery mod, and personalize it a bit. Still a newbie to vaping, but I'm hoping to learn more by being here and talking with the community. Hope to talk to you all soon. :)

IsaacJW

Dec 30, 2012
Ohio
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely need to read up on mods and learn about them. I would really like to upgrade to one but it's pretty overwhelming. I was watching some reviews on YouTube and I checked one out on the Vamo, but most of the things I hear are very confusing. Any idea where a good place to start learning would be? I've been looking around the forums for a complete beginners guide on mods, haha.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely need to read up on mods and learn about them. I would really like to upgrade to one but it's pretty overwhelming. I was watching some reviews on YouTube and I checked one out on the Vamo, but most of the things I hear are very confusing. Any idea where a good place to start learning would be? I've been looking around the forums for a complete beginners guide on mods, haha.

Heres the starter kit i still use and its the best one to start with,had it for 3 weeks now and im waiting for my Vamo,be careful tho,some suppliers sell knock offs.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/joyegockit.htm

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I can understand that Isaac.
There's a few things needed if you get into mods - like good batteries, a good charger, and preferably a digital multi-meter. Mods rely on replaceable batteries. I've written a post on mod battery safety on my blog for people new to mods:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/kiwivap/3243-mod-battery-safety.html

Then there's what type of mod. There's mechanical mods - these are 3.7 volt mods. There's variable wattage and variable voltage mods (vv/vw for short) - these have the option of varying either the volts or the watts. The Vamo is a vv/vw mod. So is the Zmax. There are also mods that are just variable voltage.

VW is more convenient. As one person posted, its like having cruise control.

Variable wattage has been around for quite a while now. The Darwin is a variable wattage mod. However they are virtually impossible to get. A lot of vapers added variable wattage to their pvs by using the Kick - a small piece of circuitry that can be put on top of a battery. Having variable volts and variable watts on the same pv is new tho.

For myself, I prefer variable wattage over variable voltage because I can switch from one accessory to another and stay at the same watts. Or I can adjust watts and not worry about calculating whether the volts are ok with the ohms - the device adjusts the volts automatically to the right level.

I can also adjust watts with different juices, and again not worry about volts and ohms being mismatched since it adjusts the volts automatically. Since I have a lot of different juices this works well for me. Sometimes I just change the watts with the same juice - depending whether I want it a little cooler, or I feel like getting the warmer taste. I like some juices at more than one temperature. So I adjust the watts, which is the power, with a simple click or two and vape.

You'll find out a lot more about mods in the APV section of the forum: APV Discussion

The Vamo, which a poster mentioned, has its own sub-forum:
VAMO

And... there's plenty of time to digest it all. :thumbs: Since you love what you have, and have stayed off cigs nearly a month - I'd say what you have is pretty good.

IsaacJW

Dec 30, 2012
Ohio
Thank you for that, kiwivap. Definitely answered some questions I had. I checked out the sub forum you linked and I easily spent a few hours on here the other night just reading up on things. It's much appreciated. :)

Thanks for the welcome GrapeJamAndFIsh! I know what you mean, I've only been vaping a month, and already I have a huge desire to learn more. I've already gotten to the point where I would much rather vape then smoke a real cig. It's great. This is the longest I've gone in my smoking life without one. :)

BrianG

Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
San Jose, Ca
Yo! Good to see you here man! Lot's of friendly people in ECF and are always willing to answer any questions :) I've spent a week just reading posts about several topics including the genesis style atomizer (not for newbies like myself) and other great topics like cartomizer tanks vs clearomizers! You will learn a lot and this is the best place to do it! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread