Hello All! New to vaping....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm waiting for my kit to come in! After lots of research, I decided to go with Apollo. I didn't want some fly by night company that spams themselves all over the internet.

A little about me. I smoked analogs for 20 years. Started when I was about 15 and I'm 35 now. I quit the first time cold turkey when I got pregnant with my first son. Didn't smoke the entire pregnancy. Came home with a baby with colic and went straight to the store to buy a pack.

Second pregnancy I quit cold turkey again. Never touched a cig the whole time and ended up with a preemie. Totally unrelated to smoking since I had quit. It's something I am high risk for.

Third and last pregnancy, I quit for good. I have 3 beautiful children to live for and didn't like stinking, smoking, wasting money and killing myself slowly. But...... I missed smoking. I missed the relaxing feeling I would get from the nicotine. I'm bipolar, so, the nicotine helped calm me immensely. I missed puffing and blowing smoke and just relaxing. But I knew that was it. It had to be. There were no "safe" cigarettes. I prayed for a way to continue smoking and have it be safe.

Bam!... Here we are! The E Cig is the answer to my prayers. You may say, "Why go back to nicotine now?" Well, it gave me a better quality of life. I was happier, calmer and all around nicer to be around. So here I am. I will NEVER go back to analogs. EVER!!

I'm happy to be able to puff, vape, drag, whatever you want to name it. I'm also happy to have found a home with like minded individuals who are like me and enjoy a good "vape"!

Glad to meet you all.

Mary~

Congrats. It's a great feeling. I quit smoking cigarettes June 1st and never going back :thumbs::)

I know. When I told my husband that I was going to start vaping to do something that I enjoyed, he was disappointed in me. Until I showed him that it's NOT smoking. It irks me how people insinuate that it's the same thing. It's not.

swissfactor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
allentown pa
Welcome may...although quite daunting at times, this forum has helped me immensely...not only with like-minded support, but with advice and helpful hints along the way...many veterans have helped me to fifure out what to buy and what not to buy, to reassemble and repair any issues with my mods, and given useful advice to find what works for me...over four months without a cig (fifteen year smoker myself), and now i would like to pay it forward...if theres anything that you may need i am sure you can find any answers here amongst friends and colleagues...cheers may

CheekyChica

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Las Vegas Nevada
www.youtube.com
Hi & Welcome lovinpuffin! (cute screen name btw) :)
I did the same with my pregnancy, I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant and didnt smoke the whole pregnancy. First thing I did when I got home with my new born was say to my husband," Umm I need to run down to Walgreens real fast...." I agree, vaping has been a god send to me as well, I feel better and soon I'll be saving money as I've built up a bit of a surplus of supplies. What I also like about vaping is that its a whole subculture and a pretty fun hobby as well! I've been DIY my own e-juices now for about a month and making lanyards and attempting to make some pretty cool cases for a few friends of mine who vape. Well good luck on your vaping journey and I'm glad you're here at ECF! :vapor:

Hi & Welcome lovinpuffin! (cute screen name btw) :)
I did the same with my pregnancy, I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant and didnt smoke the whole pregnancy. First thing I did when I got home with my new born was say to my husband," Umm I need to run down to Walgreens real fast...." I agree, vaping has been a god send to me as well, I feel better and soon I'll be saving money as I've built up a bit of a surplus of supplies. What I also like about vaping is that its a whole subculture and a pretty fun hobby as well! I've been DIY my own e-juices now for about a month and making lanyards and attempting to make some pretty cool cases for a few friends of mine who vape. Well good luck on your vaping journey and I'm glad you're here at ECF! :vapor:

Thanks! LOL.

Congratulation, Welcome from another newbie :vapor:

:thumb: Hello fellow newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread