Hello, new member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob320

Jan 24, 2015
Hello Vapers,

New member and curious potential vaper here. I've been an analog smoker of 12 years, primarily full flavored menthols. I'm nearly 31 years old, but am starting to feel the effects of analogs and am considering a healthier alternative, so I am looking into vaping.

I'm interested in looking at some good tank starter kits, I have a modest budget of $100. A satisfying throat hit and decent vapor production are important to me, the disposables I've tried before have been a bad introduction to vaping if these forums are any indication.

The only kit I've looked into is the Halo Triton set, looks OK for $65. I am interested in any recommendations if possible! Sorry for the long winded post, I'll be reading in the meantime. Thanks! :)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

CampbellMC

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2014
NS, Canada
You are probably going to get a lot of different suggestions, but the most common one these days (Although it switches constantly) is an Eleaf iStick 30w + Aspire Nautilus. This is a solid set up a lot of people have success with, and the 30w mod allows you to pick up something like the Atlantis or Kanger Sub-tank down the road if you want even more. Nice smooth draw, good vapor production, large 5ml tank (or you can go with the Nautilus mini but I prefer not having to fill my tank when I am out and about), and coils are quite reliable so long as you make sure you get the BVC coils, not BDC.

CampbellMC

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2014
NS, Canada
Basically you are going to want a Variable Wattage device for sure, gives you the option to use many different tanks easily, and battery life and maximum wattage should be considered. Many of your "regular tanks" will be run between 8-12W, so a 20W device suits many people well, but with many "Sub-ohm" tanks coming out now, which require up to 30W people want the room to grow.

Bob320

Jan 24, 2015
Basically you are going to want a Variable Wattage device for sure, gives you the option to use many different tanks easily, and battery life and maximum wattage should be considered. Many of your "regular tanks" will be run between 8-12W, so a 20W device suits many people well, but with many "Sub-ohm" tanks coming out now, which require up to 30W people want the room to grow.
So seeking out the 30W iStick is a good choice?

DaniB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
New York
Welcome Bob. You have received lots of good information. Good luck !

Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 9.36.08 AM.jpg

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Bob320. Nice to meet you and so glad you are considering vaping. Very smart of you. There are so many different choices. Here is a great thread that might give you a place to start doing some research. The more you read, the more it will help you find just what you are looking for.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/640761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you and please do give it a chance. Vaping is the only thing that ever helped me to give up a habit that is older than you.
girl_haha.gif

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
halo tritons + tribecca is the perfect starter kit imo

that's what got me to quit after 23 years and 2 packs a day

cigalikes like v2cigs were a waste of money for me, they did absolutely nothing, I would vape them at my desk at work then go chain smoke 2 cigs

but yeah gl man

Hello Vapers,

New member and curious potential vaper here. I've been an analog smoker of 12 years, primarily full flavored menthols. I'm nearly 31 years old, but am starting to feel the effects of analogs and am considering a healthier alternative, so I am looking into vaping.

I'm interested in looking at some good tank starter kits, I have a modest budget of $100. A satisfying throat hit and decent vapor production are important to me, the disposables I've tried before have been a bad introduction to vaping if these forums are any indication.

The only kit I've looked into is the Halo Triton set, looks OK for $65. I am interested in any recommendations if possible! Sorry for the long winded post, I'll be reading in the meantime. Thanks! :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Welcome Bob and good luck...it IS the right decision. I smoked for as many years as you are old and Vaping was the easiest manner I found to get off the cigs. I ran into two small problems trying to convert.
1. I started with my nic level too low, (6) and still used cigs till I upped it to 12. At the correct level, any craving went away. I have had a couple small cravings in the past week (I'm a new quitter), but a few hits on my vape solved the issue. Now that the stench is gone, I do have to clean house.
2. Finding a pleasurable flavor to vape is easy, but the search for "that one" (ADV-all day vape) has been interesting and frustrating. (and $$)
I intend to get a MOD battery and probably the Aspire Nautilus in the near future, but until then I am using the inexpensive SMOK Micro RDC with replaceable coil (bought online) to keep a few flavors at hand so I can switch as desired. This is my 5th day without a cig, and I am still shocked at how easy it has been.
I wish you all the best in your endeavor.

Greg

muthafogger

Nov 3, 2014
Hi Bob, still rigidly new here myself. I started with an ego and a protank 2 mini. Quickly upgraded to an I stick, which I still use today. Rarely go over 12 watts on it, even with my Taifun GT 2 on it (which looks ridiculous paired with an istick but vapes so good). After awhile the protank wasn't cutting it so I started rebuilding the coils in it. That made a big difference. Once that started to be not enough I started wicking with rayon, which, IMO, greatly improved the flavor. After a bit I wanted more, so I upgraded to the Taifun. Leaps and bounds, brother. Not even close. I have a Sigelei 30 watt mini on the way now and am looking into making my own box in the near future.

My point being, you don't have to jump in feet first. Start with what works, even if it is a gas station cigalike, and with your way up as you need too. The money you and on cigarettes will cover the upgrades later and then some. 100 dollars will set you up nicely if you shop around. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread