Hello + Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaveydri

Jan 28, 2015
I would like to say to hello to everyone on the forum. I signed up because i saw a bunch of DIY threads so i figured this thread would be the most knowledgable

Here are some questions I had in mind

I plan on building my own DIY box mod

What material is best to keep the internal heat low (wood, steel, aluminum, acrylic)?
What is the max temp youve seen a properly build box mod go up to?
What is the average temp of an unregulated box mod?

Thanks for all your help!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!:)

You may get some answers, but if not, try posting in the Modding Forum. Read all the "stickies". You will not be able to post over there until you get in your first 5 posts (and the server updates at :25 past the hour).

You don't need to start 5 threads. All posts count towards your 5. Respond right here in this thread and/or go out and welcome some other new members and you will have your 5 posts!:)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I would like to say to hello to everyone on the forum. I signed up because i saw a bunch of DIY threads so i figured this thread would be the most knowledgable

Here are some questions I had in mind

I plan on building my own DIY box mod

What material is best to keep the internal heat low (wood, steel, aluminum, acrylic)?
What is the max temp youve seen a properly build box mod go up to?
What is the average temp of an unregulated box mod?

Thanks for all your help!

A properly built mod should not get hot; what gets hot is the thing you put on the mod, and as a result, the top of the mod might get hot.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
And congrats Susan on the 8k! Welcomer extraordinaire!
And I second the congrats to Susan on the 8k! Woohoo!
Thank you both!:toast:

I wouldn't have even seen your posts (or even noticed I hit the 8,000 mark) had it not been for Baditude liking my post!

Thanks Bad! You make my posting here on ECF so much easier with your great blogs!:toast:

Nestorpants

Jan 22, 2015
Los Angeles
Welcome! I came here for the same purpose (technical knowledge). I built my first mod this week and all the components stay very cool. If there's heat present aside from the atty then it usually means an incorrectly wired setup, a component failure, or too much amperage for the wire gauge. But as long as you take your time I'm sure it'll turn out great. I can't wait to see your mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread