Help a Noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberdawns

Aug 13, 2013
Texas
Hello, I'm brand new to vaping. I bought Vapor4Life Stick batteries (808d), titan and king. I'm not crazy about the refillable cartomizers with the fiber filling. Is there a refillable "tank" cartomizer that would work the same but be easier to clean and refill like how a protank can be cleaned and refilled?

Sorry if i didn't use the correct terms. I'm still learning.

I guess to rephrase I'm looking for the ease of cleaning/refilling of a protank in the size of a stick battery cartomizer.

amberdawns

Aug 13, 2013
Texas
Halo offers the mini tanks with K808 threading. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and they are working great. No poly-fill taste and they put out more vapor than the cartos. Great price at only $4 each. Good luck!

Well I guess I should mention I'm looking for one i can easily change liquids on, these halo mini tanks look good BUT they have a wick so i wouldn't be able to quickly change out liquid.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Is it possible to find one that doesn't use a wick though?

Hi and welcome!

Any kind of atomizer will have a "wicking" system of some kind. It is what draws the liquid to the heating element. I might be wrong (not the first time by any means), but I wonder is you are referring to the polyfill material inside of a cartomizer, since you mentioned being interested in a Protank style device.

The Protank is a Bottom Coil Clearomizer. The heating element is at the bottom and while the tank holds the liquid, there is a little wick inside of the coil that draws the liquid to it. What you might be interested in looking at is a Nano. It is another type of BCC, but it doesn't have a replaceable "head" (heat coil) like a Protank. It is slim and designed to go on small batteries. Smokeless Image has 808 connections:

Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

You rinse them out when you want to change flavors.

amberdawns

Aug 13, 2013
Texas
Yea i was looking for something that doesnt require drying time in between flavor switching( which is why i was looking for something without a long wick), I've only seen my husband use his protank II and didnt see any wick, though admittedly i never looked closely, but he was able to switch flavors fairly quickly just rinsing the setup in high proof vodka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread