Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerDawn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Wyoming
It seems that the mAh issue has already been addressed. It's generally accepted that the higher mAh, the longer the battery "lasts." However, if you pay attention to battery graphs from reputable batt dealers such as Super T, you will notice that while a higher mAh battery may start off more powerful on a fresh charge, a slightly lower mAh battery will last about the same amount of time, and the drop-off may even be more steady. But I'm not trying to confuse you any more than you already are.

An eGo is a great starter device, but when I first came here as clueless (if not moreso) as you are, I was suggested by a VERY helpful friend to purchase an E-Power instead. That was the first solid piece of advice I got here, and I have never looked back. I now have a slew of 4, 5, 6 and variable voltage devices and I still use my E-Power. It rocks! Several vendors sell it and the average price is about $45. Included is the battery housing, switch, atomizer cone, two atomizers, several cartridges, two batteries and a single cell battery charger. You can order your E-Power with either 14650 or 18650 batteries. The 18650's will obviously last a bit longer, but I usually got a solid 6 hours out of my 14650 batts on an E-Power when heavily vaping. In fact, it was the PV I decided to bring (over my GLV) into the Disney World parks last month and although I always brought an extra battery, I never needed it.

The E-Power is great because not only does it last longer and hit harder than an eGo, but it's also regulated. This means that the hit will be just as hard from fresh off the charger to the last hit before it dies, whereas with the eGo there is a steady drop-off, and it will not perform nearly as well as it loses charge. The second bit is that it will get you used to the mechanics of separate batteries, which the vast majority of intermediate and advanced PV's run on. In contrast, an eGo is a self-charging unit, similar to the KR8 / slim e-cigs in general. It's generally suggested that you purchase SEVERAL eGo's to keep you going between charges, whereas with the E-Power the cost is greatly diminished as the only cost to you is additional batteries -- and the starter kit already supplies you with two! I guess you could always purchase yourself an eGo passthrough, but who wants to sit in front of their computer all day? :vapor:

My other bit of advice to you is this: The vendors that focus on the best PV's do not always focus on the best juice, and it's easy enough to see why. The juice you will get from a reliable intermediate PV supplier (i.e., Madvapes, Liberty Flights, etc) is midgrade at best. Personally, I'm a bit of a juice snob, and I prefer to get my juice from the people who specialize in it. Some of my favorites include Copper Creek, Rawr, and Juicy Vapor. If you are to the point where you have found a certain flavor range tickles your fancy (i.e., bakery, tobacco, candy, fruits, menthol, etc) I would be more than willing to suggest to you a few wonderful flavors I have found. Just shoot me a PM, I'm more than happy to help!

AfterFX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2011
Mandeville, Louisiana
Less confused now? :laugh:

I just started a few weeks ago (upgraded from truck stop ecigs)and have realized that I have to buy stuff until I find what makes me happy (still cheaper than smokes.) I'm close, but still fiddling. The setup I'm using is (not telling you this is what you should get ) the Riva 510 Special Edition with stock atomizers and carts, Bridgeless atomizer, drip tip, fluxomizer clearomizer, pump carts, and a Vision Stardust. My favorite is the Vision Stardust (tank type cartomizer) and a drip tip with the bridgeless atomizer. 2 weeks, and no desire to smoke!

Also,pushing the button on the battery isn't that big of a deal, it becomes 2nd nature.

Next stop... A MOD!!!

Last edited:

AshleyNonSmokie

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Ohio, USA
I have been checking out Hoosier E Cig Supply everyday for a week and a half, and in all that time they have been out of stock for the KGO kit and extra batts. Tomorrow is payday and I just cant't wait for them......I will be hitting up Sweet-vapes for liquid and the SE Riva Carto kit :) Thanks to Dearme for the link! I finally found the kit for me.

cmeatobx

Jan 16, 2012
VA
I ordered that it last night :) They shipped it today before noon. :)

Just fyi... In case you may be interested i also ordered the boge lr cartomizers (thanks to steals and deals for $5.99 - 5 in a box). Plus free shipping and a free drip tip from vaporbeast.com. They even emailed me to find out which color I wanted. You just have to mention it in the comment section when you order.
Good luck!

Last edited:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
This kit is widely recommended, especially today when a member found it for a good price. It has a 1100mah battery, and comes with your choice of cartomizers. Boge 2.0 LR cartos would be a good starter kit to start with. Also buy a Drip Tip. Sweet Vapes also sells eliquids which I have seen good review on. I would order the liquids with 80/20 PG/VG percentage which will work great in cartos. I didn't see sampler packs if eliquid, but you could order a variety of 6ml bottles to try an assortment of flavors. You can also choose your nic strength.
XL Riva SE Carto Kit | Sweet-Vapes E-Liquid

Bought my E-Power from Sweet-Vapes as well and they're nice folks to deal with (and I love the E-Power 14650!). Just wanted to suggest, if you like chocolate & you get an assortment of juices from them, their Chocolate Fudge Brownie is outstanding IMO (and a local friend agrees). Happy vaping!

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Know one I know or the majority I have read on here would agree with this at all. 100 mAh = 1 hour of light to moderate vaping. Your definition of "heavy" must be different that what most of us consider heavy.

I'd have to say there are too many variables to make such a call. Atty/carto resistance, for instance? Single/Dual coil? IOW, how much current are you sucking out of the battery per minute (or hour, or whatever) of vaping? Then, couple that with how heavily you vape and maybe a rough calculation could be made. Otherwise it could be a statistical average, or a W.A.G. (which, when you think about it, are about the same thing). :toast:

VprMan

Jan 18, 2012
Sacramento
I'm new to vaping too, so long way from being an expert. I can say I'm having excellent luck with the go-go. It's a cartomizer system, which I guess is the easier way to go. The LCD readout is a nice feature, gives battery life and # of draws. However, the inhale draws were way too light and airy for my taste, but a quick trip to the hardware store for an O-ring fixed that, allowing for near-infinite "settings" as to inhale resistance (not sure if this is hard on the carto, but haven't had any problems and it greatly enhances the experience) (slide O-ring over top of cartomizer and push it down to where the carto and battery meet, then adjust to your preference). Good luck!

Last edited:

BrokenLungs

Jan 19, 2012
Rochester, NY
Thank you all again for the helpful suggestions! Once this thread first got started and I had a few question answered I did make a purchase of a kit, then after doing so I noticed some more posts on here written after my purchase and I'm starting to second guess my decision a little. I hope I made a good choice.

After starting out feeling like eGo had to be the obvious choice, I browsed through some other suggestions and actually ended up buying the Echo kit from from Northwest Vapors mainly due to the auto batteries. It also had some good reviews and very good price. http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=107 I was unaware of the potential leakage problems with the autos before I made the purchase, I hope this doesn't become an issue. I did decide to stay on the smaller side and got a 650 mah but I also purchased a car charger so I can have a second ecig always charged and ready to go when the batt dies. The kit includes two cartomizers and I also purchased 3 extra dual coil cartomizers. They had a pretty decent selection of liquids on the same site so I got a few of those too (Dark Vapure tobacco, True tobacco, Coffee, and Brandy... mmmm). All very high nicotine for now (36 mg) and low VG.

Does anybody have any experience with this particular kit or anything else from this supplier? nwvapors.com

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Thank you all again for the helpful suggestions! Once this thread first got started and I had a few question answered I did make a purchase of a kit, then after doing so I noticed some more posts on here written after my purchase and I'm starting to second guess my decision a little. I hope I made a good choice.

After starting out feeling like eGo had to be the obvious choice, I browsed through some other suggestions and actually ended up buying the Echo kit from from Northwest Vapors mainly due to the auto batteries. It also had some good reviews and very good price. The Echo Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit - $39.95 I was unaware of the potential leakage problems with the autos before I made the purchase, I hope this doesn't become an issue. I did decide to stay on the smaller side and got a 650 mah but I also purchased a car charger so I can have a second ecig always charged and ready to go when the batt dies. The kit includes two cartomizers and I also purchased 3 extra dual coil cartomizers. They had a pretty decent selection of liquids on the same site so I got a few of those too (Dark Vapure tobacco, True tobacco, Coffee, and Brandy... mmmm). All very high nicotine for now (36 mg) and low VG.

Does anybody have any experience with this particular kit or anything else from this supplier? nwvapors.com

For $39+ it doesn't look like a bad deal and if it only last 3-4 months because of the auto switches you didn't lose much. Personally I would have went with a eGo style with a 510 connector but I don't think it was a bad deal really..don't know about Northwest Vapors..looked if they were a forum supplier but I don't see them. There prices don't look bad though and there have been a few recommendations to them here.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'd have to say there are too many variables to make such a call. Atty/carto resistance, for instance? Single/Dual coil? IOW, how much current are you sucking out of the battery per minute (or hour, or whatever) of vaping? Then, couple that with how heavily you vape and maybe a rough calculation could be made. Otherwise it could be a statistical average, or a W.A.G. (which, when you think about it, are about the same thing). :toast:

All that is true and does effect how long a battery lasts. I think it is much wiser in making suggestions to new people to error on the side of being conservative. From all the posts I have read (thousands) and my own experience, 100 mAh generally = 1 hour of light to moderate vaping. Also remember, that with most models, as the battery drains, the effectiveness of the battery to heat the coil is diminished. So that last 20- 30 minutes is not as good as the first half off the charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread