Help choosing an e-cig starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cola410

Nov 9, 2013
Belleville
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some advice. I want to get my aunt an e-cig system for Christmas, but I'm not sure where to find the best 'deal'. She smokes about 1/2 -1 pack of Marlboro Lights a day. We looked at tec e-cigs in the mall, but I've heard they're a total rip-off. She likes the style of those and the liquid refill cartridges. She is currently out of work, so she's home to charge them as needed. We have yet to try them, but I think her nicotine level will be the same as my dad's - 16mg. I don't smoke, so I have no idea about any of this. She has never used an e-cig system before, but would like to start. Her favorite thing about them is that she can take a few puffs and be done if she doesn't want a whole cigarette. The starter kit I was looking at for her is about $70 for 1 base, 2 batteries (lasting 6-8 hours with normal use), 5 cartridges and a USB and wall charger. I also would like suggestions for my dad. He smokes the same brand, but 1.5-2 packs a day. He works out of town and commutes 2.5 hours each way. Most of his smoking is in the car, so a good battery life is a must for him. As I said, I'm clueless here. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Just Cruizen

Nov 3, 2013
Hey cola, I used to smoke a full pack of Winfield 1mg or White a day. I started with the ego starter kit, but now have moved up to the X6 batteries with the same clearomizer. Go here to check them out www.ecigarettesaustralia.com

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

Zuko

Oct 24, 2013
Tacoma, WA
For your aunt, I recommend the Itaste VV. The most advance pen style ecig IMO and the kit is $65 at my local store. (Just need to buy juice.)

For your dad, I recommend the Itaste MVP V1 or V2. A solid PV (and my starter mod), big battery, vapes awesome, and the kit is $65 at my local store, ready to vape right out of the box. (Just need to buy juice.) I also recommend picking up an IClear 30 with it for $17.

I actually recommend the MVP for both but your aunt doesn't want something big so the VV is the next best thing. In my case, the first 2 weeks were critical when trying to switch from cigs to vape. The thing that would have me going back to a cig would be if my battery ran out or I ran out of juice. When you have an MVP with an IClear 30, you really do not have to worry about any of that. As long as you charge it at night while your sleeping you wont even have to give the battery a second thought and with the IClear 30 you'll have a 3ml tank that almost lasts me an entire day of heavy vaping. (Plus it vapes awesome with the MVP.)

Just my two pennies. Hope it helps.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
Just my experience...
If you are willing and dedicated, you'll find a way to vape and not smoke. The stuff we have now ( as opposed to when I tried and failed to quit using them) won't let you down. Even *gasp* a blu e cig. Eye of the tiger is my point. Was I satisfied til I got a twist and a vivi nova? No. But did I keep on( and occasionally get an njoy king) yes. You need to want it. Smoking is killing them, but if they don't want to quit, they won't. If they do... Honestly? Get them a few njoy kings each and direct them here. Guaranteed if they become capers they'll spend less that way. Bigger batteries are scary at first and most small ones are garbage ( save a few)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Definitely the EVOD Starter Kits in whatever color they like. I would NOT get them an eRoll as their first PV, nor would I get them anything more complicated.

For your Dad, I would get two extra EVOD clearomizers.

If they don't have a computer with USB port handy, get them a 120VAC to USB wall wart. For your Dad, get him a cigarette lighter to USB power adapter if his car doesn't already have a USB outlet, so he can charge a battery while using the other while driving.

In both their cases, if they like what you got them, get them a spare USB eGo charger as a backup

I'd also get them each a sampler of Heathers Heavenly Vapes in 18 mg/ml nicotine strength to see what they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread