Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Let me start by saying that I've had my Reo grand with the Rm2 for a couple of weeks now and I LOVE IT!!!! So much so I need another one. Looking at the LP Coppervein Mini. What I don't know, is what rda I want. I've only been vaping a few months, so I'm pretty limited on what I've tried as far as rdas. I currently have an Igo-L, Igo-W, Magma and now the Rm2. I've never done dual coils, and don't really know the advantages or disadvantages of using them. I do know I'm a flavor chaser not a cloud chaser. I use a 1ohm coil right now and I like the warmer vape I get from it versus the higher resistance coils. My question is, do I need to just get another Rm2 or is there a better rda out there that gives great flavor, and easy to build on. Maybe another question is do I need to consider doing dual coils, and if so which is the best flavor producing dual coil rda that isn't complicated to build. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

diamondlou

Mar 2, 2014
missouri
i am a new reo owner, but i have been on rda n rtas for a year now (cloud n flavor) i just got the rm4 n rm5 both dual coil attys. the rm5 seems like a cloud atty similar to zenith but a lil bigger chamber. the rm4 is similar to the atomic n of these two has better flavor (tho post holes are small 26ga. tops stock) both have awesome airflow options.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
I don't see the need for me to ever venture into sub ohm coils. From what little I know, the only reason people build them is for HUGE vapor pruduction. I dont want to be a human fog machine. The mini I'm going to buy is for being discrete at work as we have a no smoking policy which includes ecigs. I dont want to draw attention frm putting out huge plumes of vapor. I just want it to taste great a give off enough vapor to look like I'm doing something. The more I post the more the Rm2 seems the logical choice. Just don't want to feel like I missed out on something that maybe is better by getting two of the same thing

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
My suggestion would be that you prolly want a RM2 on the at-work mini you're considering.

For the grand you already have (assuming you swap its RM2 out to the mini), you might want to think about either a IGO-S or RM3 from Rob's site or a Cyclone (without afc) which you can be directed to if you're interested. I suggest these based on how you describe your vaping style - seeking flavour, single coil preference, and (I suspect) mouth to lung inhaling (as opposed to direct lung).

Note that the RM3 comes in either a single coil or dual coil version, so a choice would need to be made there.

All that said, and if I were you, I would prolly get another RM2 plus one of the atties above from Rob's site. That way, I'd always have something I knew I could enjoy while having something to experiment with. The cyclone alone would cost about the same as a RM2 + IGO/RM3.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hello Stacy,

If you enjoy the smaller chamber RDA's like I do than I can highly recommend you the Cyclone RDA by Viscous Ant and of course the Chalice by Mark bugs (this one is a bit crazy on the price).

Personally I tried so many larger chamber RDA's and they are for MY vape style just too airy (Yes, even with airholes almost closed fully).

Dual coils are IMO the most pointless think in vaping.

Let me start by saying that I've had my Reo grand with the Rm2 for a couple of weeks now and I LOVE IT!!!! So much so I need another one. Looking at the LP Coppervein Mini. What I don't know, is what rda I want. I've only been vaping a few months, so I'm pretty limited on what I've tried as far as rdas. I currently have an Igo-L, Igo-W, Magma and now the Rm2. I've never done dual coils, and don't really know the advantages or disadvantages of using them. I do know I'm a flavor chaser not a cloud chaser. I use a 1ohm coil right now and I like the warmer vape I get from it versus the higher resistance coils. My question is, do I need to just get another Rm2 or is there a better rda out there that gives great flavor, and easy to build on. Maybe another question is do I need to consider doing dual coils, and if so which is the best flavor producing dual coil rda that isn't complicated to build. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have several RM2s....and I love them. I'm more about flavor than clouds, too. A few weeks back I got curious....I thought I might be missing out on something awesome by just being happy and complacent, so I bought an RM3 and an IGO-bf from Rob's site. I liked them both fine, BUT I prefer my trusty RM2s over either. So....my curiosity has been sated, I now know what I've been missing (nothing,) and I'm back to my all-time favorite vape using my all-time favorite atty on my all-time favorite mod. YMMV

Jan

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Hello Stacy,

If you enjoy the smaller chamber RDA's like I do than I can highly recommend you the Cyclone RDA by Viscous Ant and of course the Chalice by Mark bugs (this one is a bit crazy on the price).

Personally I tried so many larger chamber RDA's and they are for MY vape style just too airy (Yes, even with airholes almost closed fully).

Dual coils are IMO the most pointless think in vaping.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP! Bite your tongue!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you want flavor and stealth try a Igo BF from Rob. In general smaller chamber gives better flavor. Just my 37 bux and change.

Another vote for the Igo-bf based on several things you mentioned: Flavor over vapor production being a priority. Wanting to try something new/different. Putting together an order - so you can buy it all in one place.

At least the Igo-bf will give you some differences to sort out likes and dislikes preferences: Screw cap versus o-rings, ceramic deck versus no ceramic, etc. Some folks even claim the cap shapes make a difference.

SITS

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Reoville
If you are going for stealth then dual coiled anything isn't what you want. Both the RM2 and IGO-S BF produce wonderful flavor. I took an Odin off of one of my mods just to maximize flavor with the IGO. Dual coils are not for everyone but serve a very useful purpose depending on the style vaping a person is into. I like the inhale from dual coils because I prefer direct lung hits. It's the way I smoked analogs.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If you get a LP Reo, your atty options open up a lot. For flavour, probably 2 of the best are the Origen or the Magma.

I use Atomics because i am a cloud-hound and get good flavour from those too, Here's the thing: you may find that you run duals on the bigger atties a LP can house, because it's a way to approximate the small chamber benefits of single coil atties mentioned above.

I certainly had to do that with the ones i use, and although things like Atomics and Odins can run single coils - it's a rather anaemic vape compared to say an RM2, with a very low Ω coil in it.

T

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Amen to that sir

I have several RM2s....and I love them. I'm more about flavor than clouds, too. A few weeks back I got curious....I thought I might be missing out on something awesome by just being happy and complacent, so I bought an RM3 and an IGO-bf from Rob's site. I liked them both fine, BUT I prefer my trusty RM2s over either. So....my curiosity has been sated, I now know what I've been missing (nothing,) and I'm back to my all-time favorite vape using my all-time favorite atty on my all-time favorite mod. YMMV

Jan

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Haha Rob each their own my friend and I mainly said it because I knew you would reply lol.

Honestly though I listened, I tried, I did it all but a stinking single coil at 1-1.5ohm in a lil cyclone is all Ben needs to be happy.

If a dual coil at 0.5 is what works to get someone of cigs than that's fine too.

As long as we all vape reos I am cool with that lol

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP! Bite your tongue!

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
ROFL...too funny.

I'd set you up a twisted parallel .35 dual coil on the RM4 and send it your way but I know what you'd say. Got to hand it to you, you do give it all a fair try to see what all the fuss is about if completely fogging out my office wasn't so much fun I'd be right there with you vaping a VA with stock cap, RM2, or another great single coil topper.

How about a Foggatti? Have you tried one of those yet? I know where you can get one ;-).

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
haha!! I did try and still do try a lot but it all brings me back to the basics. Regulated with kayfun and reo with a cyclone.

Only reason I don't try the foggatti is because you didn't love it and because is a geni style. I HATE those things. Should have seen me set up a bully geni thingy years ago. Took me over an hour and I sold it 5mins later. Cant do that stuff.

And hey, you would have been proud of me man. I used that odin on my zna both slots open all the way dual coil at 0.4 with 0mg nic juice and I blew clouds like you wouldn't believe it. Was fun but it just doesn't do what it's suppose to do for me. Just still too close to cigs and I never inhaled my cig in one draw either lol.

Tons of cloud chasing liquid in route to you sir.

ROFL...too funny.

I'd set you up a twisted parallel .35 dual coil on the RM4 and send it your way but I know what you'd say. Got to hand it to you, you do give it all a fair try to see what all the fuss is about if completely fogging out my office wasn't so much fun I'd be right there with you vaping a VA with stock cap, RM2, or another great single coil topper.

How about a Foggatti? Have you tried one of those yet? I know where you can get one ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread