Help from you wise ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Cajun

Aug 9, 2015
just opened one in lafayette this spring, should be back to open a second one in lafayette in february!

and yes, sir - best stop rocks also (better cracklins than don's - and awesome boudin - but I am a bit more partial to don's boudin)... it's a culinary love festival!

Yeah, my mom told me they had opened one close to the Acadiana Mall there. I met here recently In Rosenberg, TX to do a grandkids handoff. She loved it. Told me now she was going to hit up the one there in Lafayette. Love the military discount they give there. One of the best ones around. Retired Navy here. Anybody ever have Mowata Boudin between Crowley and Eunice? Cut my teeth on that stuff.

Crazy Cajun

Aug 9, 2015
fire button on 150tc is a bit smaller - but still very solid and clicky
Going to try and do a side by side on those models tomorrow in San Antonio. Any battery recommendations? Ready to pull the trigger on an efest LUC V4 charger. Was going to try and be completely tobacco free before putting more money in to vaping, but thinking this may be motivation having better gear.

Crazy Cajun

Aug 9, 2015
i have a luc v2 i keep in my travel kit, but my everyday charger is a nitecore d4... samsung 25r is a great battery for those mods - may want to check out illumn.com - great prices, excellent service

I have one Samsung 25r I run in that kanger kbox mini. And 1 Sony vtc4 I bought for the smpl mod. I am told you want to marry batteries paired for dual 18650s. I was between the sony's and the Samsung but hearing all the horror stories about counterfeit Sony batteries kinda scares me. Mowata Boudin is worth checking out when you are that way next.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
yeah - it's my second sig - have the 100w plus box too - and love it also

so, on an unrelated note, where in the bayou are you from? I grew up in lake charles and spent a lot of years in baton rouge, n'awlins... get to travel back down there semi-regularly for work - should be in harvey in november opening a new panera (and gotta stock up on boudin, lol - gonna have to make a run to scott and visit don's)
I have the IPV4 Original Model and like it. I have some Ni200 Coils for my Herakles and it performs wonderfully. The only complaint I have is that the mini USB port is for downloading updates and NOT for charging.
On another note, My wife was stationed at Orange, TX when she was in the Navy. I fell in love with the cajun food including Boudin. My Daughter-in-Law came up to OKC for a religious retreat and brought me 3 3 pound packages of D.J.'S Boudin. Did I mention she is my favorite DIL. LOL

Crazy Cajun

Aug 9, 2015
the way i see it,its like buying a fishing boat.
you jump in with a 14 to 16 foot alumacraft
with a 10 horse motor and go right to the 20 foot fiberglass
bass boat with all the bells and whistles and dual 150 horse
Mercs.
there is no way to make a comparison.
regards
mike

Good Example Mike. Kinda like getting plate envy at the restaurant when you ordered lite.

Aadavis94

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2014
Oregon
Up side of tc is you don't burn your cotton and you can tailor your vape how you like it. I have the evic vt and it's ok, I feel like it's temp reading is a little low. I'm looking at getting the ipv 3 li vr. Supposed to a great mod and Grimm green did. A great review on it. I would say the biggest think is to get a good tank that has nickel or titanium coils. I have the ego one mega and don't like it. Gonna have to find me something else.

Reactions: Crazy Cajun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread