RDA help me choose an rda and battery for SIGELEI 150W Box Mod please

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenn21

Oct 25, 2015
hi guys im not new to vaping i have had a ego-t for a few years and have just bought and started using a lite 40 40w mod but i want to buy a rebuildable dripper because i still get the nicotine craving when im vaping.

so ive decided to buy a SIGELEI 150W Box Mod and would like some advice regarding batteries and atomiser.

ok so i already own 4x aw ic 18650 3.6v 3400mAh
iyLRCV7.jpg

are these ok to use in the SIGELEI 150W Box Mod?

i also need to choose an rda that is compatible with these batteries, so here are my requirements
rebuildable rda compatible with my batteries and SIGELEI 150W Box Mod.
it needs to be a dripper thats it any help would be greatly appreciated im in the uk by the way

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
Absolutely wrong battery for this application. At best, you will pop the fuse on your batteries, at worst, bad things could happen.

You want very high drain batteries for use in the Sigelei 150.
The max amp draw on the battery you have is likely somewhere around 5A.
I believe Sigelei recommends 30A batteries for their mod which are typically much lower in capacity. I believe the LG HB6 and Sony VTC 3 would fit the bill.

If you are not going to take the mod up to it's full power, a good 20A battery might also do the trick. For example the Samsung 25R.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    hi guys im not new to vaping i have had a ego-t for a few years and have just bought and started using a lite 40 40w mod but i want to buy a rebuildable dripper because i still get the nicotine craving when im vaping.

so ive decided to buy a SIGELEI 150W Box Mod and would like some advice regarding batteries and atomiser.

ok so i already own 4x aw ic 18650 3.6v 3400mAh
    iyLRCV7.jpg

are these ok to use in the SIGELEI 150W Box Mod?

i also need to choose an rda that is compatible with these batteries, so here are my requirements
    rebuildable rda compatible with my batteries and SIGELEI 150W Box Mod.
    it needs to be a dripper thats it any help would be greatly appreciated im in the uk by the way

Welcome to ECF!

As @Pushbutton mentioned, the 25R's are 20A batteries. And those AW's aren't a good choice for your Sig. The protection board will prevent them from being used at anything over a few amps. The 25R (up to 125W or so) and VTC4 would work well. If not pushing over 125W and chain vaping you could go with the HG2's.

There are a huge number of RDA's you could use. I recommend checking out the threads here and perhaps lookin at some of the RDA's sold by the vendor of your choice. You should be able to narow down the choices to a couple. Posting here with a couple of particular questions about the two should get you some answers that would help you pick one.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Apalachicola, FL, United States
    VTC4's in Xstar no problem.

To safely use an RDA, you MUST know 2 of the 3 variables in the Ohm's Law equation. We typically consider Voltage at the battery's full power, 4.2v. It's simpler to obtain resistance measurements than current (measuring amps must be done with power applied to the circuit, and require switching lead connections on the multi meter). From these two measurements, we can calculate current, and thus ensure the draw is less than the battery's safe rated continuous capacity.

Reactions: Lhotse 5
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread