Help me understand!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphis2857

Apr 12, 2013
Pekin Indiana
OK so I started just started vaping. I bought an evic and a vivi nova right out of the gate. Help me understand watts and how they affect my camping experience. I have the 2.4ohm head in the vivi right now. My evic tells me I should be camping around 5.2 watts. Sound right? Seems kind of weak to me but I dont want to experimental to much till I have a little better handle on what I am doing. Thanks in advance.:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

r3Yr3y

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eustis.fl
OK so I started just started vaping. I bought an evic and a vivi nova right out of the gate. Help me understand watts and how they affect my camping experience. I have the 2.4ohm head in the vivi right now. My evic tells me I should be camping around 5.2 watts. Sound right? Seems kind of weak to me but I dont want to experimental to much till I have a little better handle on what I am doing. Thanks in advance.:confused:

the evic is a great device i own one myself but its still needs a few tweaks to it hopefully they update it in the future because the evic recommends 5.2w for everything..lol that is too low for a 2.4 i agree turn it up little by little and see were you like it i vape at 4v and i enjoy it...

Windz1

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2013
San Diego
I use a 2.4 atty on my MVP @ 3.8-4.0 volts, but it changes when I move to different nico strength (I usually stay at low to 0 nicotine).

It's always going to be personal preference, so as mayday mentioned, try every possible setting you can to find your sweet spot. And juice will react differently, so if you have other juices VG/PG or mix your own, try em on different settings.

Have you updated to the 1.2 MVR on you evic yet?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Between Ohm's law and Watt's law we get this calculator here. Fill in any two values and hit calculate and it figures out the rest.

This is very useful for us vapers as we always know two of the four values. For example, set your eVic at 5.2 watts and know that you have a 2.4 ohm head and you find that you are running at 3.5 V and 1.5 A.

Set your eVic at 4.2 V and know that you have a 2.4 ohm head and you are running at 1.75 A and 7.35 W.

So what is the difference between setting watts or volts? Watts is power. Power to the coil is what mostly defines your vape experience using the same type of hardware (clearos vs cartos vs etc). Setting watts means that if the resistance changes, the device will keep watts at your set-point by changing volts for you automatically. This is good.

If you set volts, the device will keep the volts constant no matter what happens to the resistance, which means the watts will change with resistance changes and therefore the vape will change. Not as consistent for us as setting watts.

How many watts (or volts) should you set? Here is a chart that gives starting value ranges. They are conservative values. Once you get the idea of how this works, you will likely not need to refer to this unless you are heading into new territory. When I get a new juice delivery device I vape at low power and slowly increase it until I like the vape.

I generally run my VN's at about 7 to 7.5 watts. The juice can make a big difference too. VN's do not like too much power, unlike cartos which are much more forgiving.

Last edited:

memphis2857

Apr 12, 2013
Pekin Indiana
Between Ohm's law and Watt's law we get this calculator here. Fill in any two values and hit calculate and it figures out the rest.

This is very useful for us vapers as we always know two of the four values. For example, set your eVic at 5.2 watts and know that you have a 2.4 ohm head and you find that you are running at 3.5 V and 1.5 A.

Set your eVic at 4.2 V and know that you have a 2.4 ohm head and you are running at 1.75 A and 7.35 W.

So what is the difference between setting watts or volts? Watts is power. Power to the coil is what mostly defines your vape experience using the same type of hardware (clearos vs cartos vs etc). Setting watts means that if the resistance changes, the device will keep watts at your set-point by changing volts for you automatically. This is good.

If you set volts, the device will keep the volts constant no matter what happens to the resistance, which means the watts will change with resistance changes and therefore the vape will change. Not as consistent for us as setting watts.

How many watts (or volts) should you set? Here is a chart that gives starting value ranges. They are conservative values. Once you get the idea of how this works, you will likely not need to refer to this unless you are heading into new territory. When I get a new juice delivery device I vape at low power and slowly increase it until I like the vape.

I generally run my VN's at about 7 to 7.5 watts. The juice can make a big difference too. VN's do not like too much power, unlike cartos which are much more forgiving.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank You! Also one nice thing about the eVic is it shows you volts and watts on the screen. I have found I like vaping around 7w which is around 4v with my 2.4ohm vivi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread