Help me with my new TC coil!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
Hey ECF!

Im wicked pumped i got my first TC coils for my TFV4 to use in my new Sig 150w TC. I know the coils are rated for 450-600F, but i wanted to get some feedback on some good Joule/Temp settings people have been using. Any feedback would be nice, even if your Titanium coils arent for the TFV4. Im very new to TC, but as far as i know the Joules are for ramp up time? More Joules = reaching your desired temp faster?

Thanks!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
What is your wattage/joules setting?

Temperature and wattage/joules go hand in hand. You can set a 600F temperature but if your wattage/joules are set too low you're not going to get any vapor. I don't have any specific experience with either your mod or tank, but with my Freemax Starre and TC coils I use a 450F temperature and 30-50 joules depending on the juice.

Joules is much more than just ramp up time, it's the wattage setting as well. With the way the term Joules is used with ecigs 1 joule = 1 watt. Start it at around 40 joules and work your way up from there. The mod should adjust it down automatically to maintain the temperature that you set, but if it's too high the mod will cut the power because the coil is heating too fast. Set it as high as you can without the mod cutting power completely or giving you any temperature warnings. If use a mirror so you can see the display while drawing on it then watch the temperature and joules as you hit it, you should be able to tell where the sweet spot is by how much wattage it maintains as your puffing. If it's dropping down to single digits your joules is too high, if it's not turning down the power at all your joules is too low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread