Help Mixing DIY juice with Perf. Apprentice tobacco flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cconti

Apr 6, 2011
California
I just did a test batch trying 10% and it was too low, so I upped it to 20% and it seems about right. Thank you for the confirmation.

I have to say that I am not terribly fond of these flavors yet. They seem a bit too... parfumely (Obviously, not a real word, but i am sure you understand).
It makes me feel like I am vaping after shave.

I think I'll stick with store bought tobacco flavors and mix my own fruity flavors and menthol. That is, as soon as I finish these. They are not disgusting, just different.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
....I have to say that I am not terribly fond of these flavors yet. They seem a bit too... parfumely (Obviously, not a real word, but i am sure you understand)........

Most usually, steeping will vastly improve this. Some folks have posted that steeping can be speeded up by placing the open bottle in hot water. I haven't tried that myself, but it sounds like it might work. I can say that I've had juices whose flavor improved dramatically after being left (with top on, btw) in cool dark place for a few days.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
As a tobacco base, I use their "tobacco blend" at 12%. It goes nicely with 8% black cherry or vanilla.

(I'm doing a bunch of low or no pg mixing, where flavor %s need to be pretty high, actually use the tobacco blend alc version.)

If it is tobacco absolute, I always buy the diluted version, the one cut with pga. ta I don't use as a base flavor, but rather to punch up something else, like a mix using seedman commercial. Ta diluted I add at 2 - 4 drops per 10 ml of final liquid, adds a nice twang to the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread