Status
Not open for further replies.

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Help everyone

Does any one know what vendors are still stocking 510 CE2 XL Steel cartomizers in the 2.8 - 3.0 ohm range? Been looking all over and can't seem to find anyone still selling these. There used to be a thread here of a list of vendors that have them but can't find that either. Thanks in advance all.

Last edited:

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Are the ones you are looking for pre-punched for a cartotank? You should be able to find at least a couple of vendors from my list that sell those:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

Thanks that was helpful. Looks like I can forget getting my favorite Royal Smokers 2.8-3.0 CE2 XL steel but I did find some Boge. I have a Torpedo 5ml tank that I love and it looks like CE2 xl's are getting to be a thing of the past and unattainable. I don't pre punch as I cut the cartos for my tank.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
Thanks that was helpful. Looks like I can forget getting my favorite Royal Smokers 2.8-3.0 CE2 XL steel but I did find some Boge. I have a Torpedo 5ml tank that I love and it looks like CE2 xl's are getting to be a thing of the past and unattainable. I don't pre punch as I cut the cartos for my tank.

Did you not see my post? This is the link to MyVaporStore for Ce2XL Stainless Cartos...

510 CE2 PLUS - Stainless

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Did you not see my post? This is the link to MyVaporStore for Ce2XL Stainless Cartos...

510 CE2 PLUS - Stainless

Sorry I didn't reply with qoutes "Thanks but no I need the plain ones I use them in my Torpedo Tank, but thanks"

See I don't think I can use the CE2 Plus as the little coil cover is different and looks like it will not fit right in my older torpedo tanktop cap. Sorry for the confusion. I'm finding that with all the newer things comming out to the market for e-cigs more and more vendors are not stocking the older parts like the Royal Smoker's CE2 style carto's.

polished.jpg

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Just use the rubber bits from your old CE2s. The CE2 plus itself should work fine.

I hate that the old style of CE2's has gone away. I miss the previous version of the plastic royal smoker's for my old arry tanks :( They were so much better than everything else that I have come across lately.

Sorry I didn't reply with qoutes "Thanks but no I need the plain ones I use them in my Torpedo Tank, but thanks"

See I don't think I can use the CE2 Plus as the little coil cover is different and looks like it will not fit right in my older torpedo tanktop cap. Sorry for the confusion. I'm finding that with all the newer things comming out to the market for e-cigs more and more vendors are not stocking the older parts like the Royal Smoker's CE2 style carto's.

View attachment 199393

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Just use the rubber bits from your old CE2s. The CE2 plus itself should work fine.

I hate that the old style of CE2's has gone away. I miss the previous version of the plastic royal smoker's for my old arry tanks :( They were so much better than everything else that I have come across lately.

Cool I'l try them I really really don't want to give up my precious tank lol :)

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
Did those ce2 plus cartos work? I am on my next to last ce2 for my map tank. I have one left unopened and sealed. I actually stopped vaping for about 10 months because all of the sudden I couldn't find any ce2s in stock anywhere. I have tried to get back into it. I bought all of the new stuff (couple of provaris, kicks for my silver bullets, zenesis, zenesis 2 stuff, vivi nova tanks, boge cartos with tanks, etc) Nothing vapes like those ce2s in the map tank in my opinion. They are a pain to cut and setup, but they work perfectly. On a provari with the voltage tweaked, I get the perfect vape.

anyway.. did they work?

I know how you feel!
You can also make some of your old CE2's into rebuildables. Just a bit of soldering to make 2 main posts for positive and negative and then you change the wick and wire when needed.. Desperate times call for inventive measures lol

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Did those ce2 plus cartos work? I am on my next to last ce2 for my map tank. I have one left unopened and sealed. I actually stopped vaping for about 10 months because all of the sudden I couldn't find any ce2s in stock anywhere. I have tried to get back into it. I bought all of the new stuff (couple of provaris, kicks for my silver bullets, zenesis, zenesis 2 stuff, vivi nova tanks, boge cartos with tanks, etc) Nothing vapes like those ce2s in the map tank in my opinion. They are a pain to cut and setup, but they work perfectly. On a provari with the voltage tweaked, I get the perfect vape.

anyway.. did they work?

No the coil stem is a little longer then a CE2 and the top of the coil part gets crammed into the top cap, and you need to have the top rubber coil caps from your old CE2's since the Plus doesn't use them. I know what you mean about the old CE2's nothing like them in a MAP type tank. I had to settle for a viv nova and it's not the same great vape but it is close so I'm having to settle.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
Thanks for the reply,

In your opinion, is the vape quality of the new ce2s the same or almost as good? If so, that at least is the most important part. A new tank could be made to use them. If the quality of the vape is there, I will order one and see about building a new tank for them like the old style map tanks. Maybe a longer tube and a top piece that will accommodate the design change of the rubber.... really wish I kept all of those old rubber parts I threw out changing my innards.....

thanks!
Frank

No the coil stem is a little longer then a CE2 and the top of the coil part gets crammed into the top cap, and you need to have the top rubber coil caps from your old CE2's since the Plus doesn't use them. I know what you mean about the old CE2's nothing like them in a MAP type tank. I had to settle for a viv nova and it's not the same great vape but it is close so I'm having to settle.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
One more thing, I have two provari's setup. One with my maptank and one with the vivi nova. Both are reading 2.8ohms and are 2.4 rated. Both are set to 4.8v. Both have 70pg/30vg 12mg pear juice from high desert vapes.

The vivi nova is a good product, I am pleased with it, but the ce2 in the map tank puts out a little more vapor, has a warmer vaper, better throat hit, and better/more consistent flavor.

The map tank was sitting on my desk half filled with nhaler high octane asian pear for 10 months. I washed it and did a few quick dry burns to freshen it up. It is hitting really good....

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
Thanks for the reply,

In your opinion, is the vape quality of the new ce2s the same or almost as good? If so, that at least is the most important part. A new tank could be made to use them. If the quality of the vape is there, I will order one and see about building a new tank for them like the old style map tanks. Maybe a longer tube and a top piece that will accommodate the design change of the rubber.... really wish I kept all of those old rubber parts I threw out changing my innards.....

thanks!
Frank

I found it to be about the same on Vapor and TH. It will fit just going to be very tight fit it's just hair longer.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
It's good to see some CE2 MAP/Torpedo Tank fans. They're still better than any of the so called improvements that have come since. I used to have a long list of favorites just for CE2 vendors, now down to just one. These are 2.4-2.6 ohm and have the black sticker on them, but if you throw them in the freezer the day before it peels right off, just clean up the glue residue with some alcohol before cutting. CE2 XL Steel Cartomizers (5pack)

So the CE2 Plus's will work with the old rubber fill cap?

StuckinLA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2010
Winston Salem, NC
So the CE2 Plus's will work with the old rubber fill cap?

Yes but like I said the stem is just a little longer and makes it a very tight fit, also have heard and seen the stem is not real clean I've seen a little corrosion on the stem like the material had been sitting for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread