Status
Not open for further replies.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
Hi! I am new to vaping, a month in, and I decided the other day to order some (no nic) Doublers from TV. I ordered Cherry Cola, Tasty Finger, and Atomic Cinnacide all in 70/30.

OK. I prefer to vape different nic levels throughout the day. I mostly vape no nic for the most part so the doublers are handy for that, but I would like to add some nic (6-12mg) to the doublers to make 5ml bottles that I can use as I do enjoy a few hits of nic throughout the day as well.

So, how do I do this?
1. I understand I will need to buy some nic juice to add to the doubler. Is that all I need? And what kind should I get (mg and pg or vg)?
2. And also, which juice calculator can I use that is simple for just adding nic to 70/30 flavored juice?
3. Do I need anything else to add to the mix?

I already have 5 - 15 ml empty bottles, syringes, needles, a pipette, gloves, etc.

I suck at math. :p I have read through the DIY stickies and forum and I cant find anything about adding nic to the doublers. Only, using the doublers to cut other flavored higher mg nic juices.

If there is a thread on this exact thing, just point me there. I am not against reading at all. :p

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
All you need is unflavoured nicotine liquid. PG or VG, it doesn't really matter although I personally would always buy nicotine in PG as I vape mostly PG based liquid, and it's easier to work with (flows through syringes easier etc.). You should bear in mind that when you add an unflavoured liquid to a flavoured liquid, it dilutes the flavour. For this reason, a higher strength nicotine base is preferred. 50mg/ml would be fine. You can readily get 100mg/ml concentrates but great care is needed with such high strengths. It's strong stuff, and you will need to be adding it in very tiny quantities to 5ml batches. It's not really for the first time DIY'er IMO.

For example, say you want 5ml of 6mg/ml juice. If you were using 50mg/ml nicotine - you would mix 0.6ml of the nicotine juice (12 drops @ 20 drops per ml) with 4.4ml of the zero nic 'doubler'. If you want 5ml of 12mg juice, you would mix 1.2ml of nicotine juice (24 drops @ 20 drops per ml) with 3.8ml of the doubler. The more nicotine base you add, the less of the flavoured juice is added - so obviously the flavour is more diluted. This may or may not be noticeable.

Personally I like Breaktru's eJuice me up calculator. It does what I want, and I find it very easy to use. You can do the sort of calculation like above on it easily, but for what you want, one of the simple online calculators would do the job equally as well I think.

An alternative is just to buy a small bottle of the highest strength (48mg?) nic juice in each of the TV flavours you use, and that could be mixed with the corresponding doubler in the right proportions, without cutting the flavour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread