Help with 510 Dual coil tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddavis

Jul 27, 2012
san diego
So I just got this tank and it works great! I filled the tank and dropped about 10 drops into the carto. After 15min of vaping all the liquid was soaked up into the carto. I filled the tank again and in no time all the liquid was soaked up again. So I've uesd half a bottle in my tank so far and if I wanted to I can fill it again. Does this sound right? To me, it kind of defeats the purpose of the tank. Can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi David, How many holes are in your carto? What type liquid are you using? What size tank is it?

On your next carto that you put in your tank you should fill it first as if you where not going to put it in the tank. Most cartos require anywhere between 25-45 drops from empty to filled. Most carto tanks take a long carto and if thats the case then you would likely be on the higher side of that estimate. Also short stiff draws will draw in too much liquid and could eventually flood the carto. The whole feed thing on the carto tanks takes some getting accustomed to but once you find your pace and style that works for you it is well worth it. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
If you only put 10 drops into a dual coil carto that explains all the liquid going right into it. Those cartos hold close to 1.5-2ml all by themselves if I remember right. The small DCT I had never lasted long with the liquid, I think the dual coil cartos burn the liquid quicker or something. Try using an XL single coil carto like the resurrector see if that helps save juice.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Just a throw out here. Are you pulling the carto down out of the tank with the feed hole below the lower seal when you fill it? If not, then that's what you have to do to fill the tank before adding to the filler up top. There are some nice filler tools which make this a lot easier. If you're doing all this already, then carry on.

daviddavis

Jul 27, 2012
san diego
So should I just keep filling the tank until the carto stops sucking it all up? I've seen other post about flooding. Not sure what that it but it sounds like something I dont want to happen.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to help out a newb.
All I use is the 3ml tanks and it sounds to me like you didn't get enough in the carto on the first fill.. it takes quite a lot.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
You'll know if it floods,, it'll gurgle and you'll get juice in your mouth. I've only had it happen a couple times,, I blamed a crappy carto. I've got one tank that I've had the same carto in for over three weeks and it's still performing nicely. The juice you use will make a difference too.. thicker juices don't wick through those holes as well. All in all, it's the best way to vape, IMO. Regular ol cartos only last me about a couple hours before they need to be topped off... total PITA. I fill my tanks once a day and rotate 5 of them.

daviddavis

Jul 27, 2012
san diego
You'll know if it floods,, it'll gurgle and you'll get juice in your mouth. I've only had it happen a couple times,, I blamed a crappy carto. I've got one tank that I've had the same carto in for over three weeks and it's still performing nicely. The juice you use will make a difference too.. thicker juices don't wick through those holes as well. All in all, it's the best way to vape, IMO. Regular ol cartos only last me about a couple hours before they need to be topped off... total PITA. I fill my tanks once a day and rotate 5 of them.

How many ML would you say it takes to fill one of them 3ML tanks including the carto?

ruff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Washington, In
I know my 5 or 6ml cant remember at the moment, i fill it to the top without priming the carto, and then i seal the bottom with my hand as best i can and then take a few slow steady draws on it to fill the carto, which a dcc in this tank usually kills 3/4 of the tank if not more depending on the juice

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I'm using a 3ml tank, single hole 1.5ohm 45mm carto and I'm using high caliber 50/50 e-liquid. I only put about 10-15 drops it he carto when i first filled it. So are you telling me that the reason the carto soaked up 2 full tanks is because i didn't put enough in the carto?

Did you punch the carto yourself, or is it one of the DCC tank cartos with the factory hole? I have had some instances of the home punched cartos siphoning juice out of the tank. Sounds like a similar thing going on. Put a piece of tape over the punch hole and fill it like you would a regular carto until full. If it's a regular carto without the lower plate, use the condom fill method first. Blow it out and then give it a few pulls. Remove tape and insert it into the tank until the hole just hits the end cap leaving enough room at the top cap to load the tank. Now finish the insert and give it a couple of dry pulls. This should take care of the siphoning. Also remember that when vaping you take light long pulls into the mouth and then inhale, not a harder pull like what you were used to when smoking analogs.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
XL cartos take 1.7ml from dry to top. The measure of the 3ml tank includes the nicquid in the carto, so the capacity of the tank between carto and barrel is 1.3ml. If you only put 10 drops (~1/2ml) in your carto to begin, yes, your carto is going to wick the nicquid out of your tank completely, or almost. 1.5ohm DCCs have 4x the heating surface area of a 3ohm single-coil, so they will use more nicquid.

Completely fill your carto before installing into the tank, then top-off the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread