Help with nic salts please?

ThomasC91

Oct 9, 2023
So i vape 3mg using drag x plus. I use 0.2 coils

I thought i would try go to 0mg so bought 5 big bottles of 0mg.

It is not working for me so i need to go back to 3mg. I am in New Zealand at the minute traveling, from England. Due to legislation out here you cant buy nic shots, but you can buy flavoured nic salts up to 50mg.

I bought 30ml of 50mg nic salt in vanilla to match my other 5 flavours which are mostly dessert ones. My question is how much of this do I need to add to my 0mg 120ml bottles to make 3mg. I have used online calculators which says 7.2ml but just want to double check as i am not sure if this is calculating it based on the base being pure nicotine?

I also read about sub-ohms and nic salts, but i only vape at like 30/40w.. never used nic salts before but this seems cheapest option for me other than wasting all the e liquid i bought and having to buy more. Will i get nic sic vaping at this level?

Many thanks

Last edited:

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
yeah, that is about right... i get about 7.5 ml, but basically the same.

No, you won't get nic sick, if you are used to 3mg juice. Whether it is salt or not it makes no difference.
Only difference is, that there is less throat hit... Not a big deal when you are vaping RDL/DL anyway... you might even prefer it.

ThomasC91

Oct 9, 2023
yeah, that is about right... i get about 7.5 ml, but basically the same.

No, you won't get nic sick, if you are used to 3mg juice. Whether it is salt or not it makes no difference.
Only difference is, that there is less throat hit... Not a big deal when you are vaping RDL/DL anyway... you might even prefer it.
Thank you.

Yes i have noticed no throat hit which i dont like.

It will do until i get rid of all this e liquid as nic salt was the cheapest option then i will be going back to freebase.

Even though i am getting the nicotine it feels like im not in a weird way becauss of no throat hit. It is psychological lol

Reactions: gotch23

ridethespiral

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton AB, Canada
Thank you.

Yes i have noticed no throat hit which i dont like.

It will do until i get rid of all this e liquid as nic salt was the cheapest option then i will be going back to freebase.

Even though i am getting the nicotine it feels like im not in a weird way becauss of no throat hit. It is psychological lol
I decided to try salt nic as well in my DIY and I totally get what you mean. I do like the effect of salt nic but it does feel like something is missing. Might try a mix of freebase and salt once I drop back down to 3mg.

Users who are viewing this thread