Not open for further replies.

CheekyChica

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Las Vegas Nevada
www.youtube.com
(Hi! Back story first, Sorry, I feel its is in order)
So I've been DIY e-juices for about a month now, sunk a nice chunk of change into supplies and flavors. I've tried and and failed then tried again to master "my" perfect formula to suit my needs and succeeded in making simple juices like plain chocolate, then tried chocolate banana and so forth. Then I got a bit braver and tried a bit more complex juice mixes such as pineapple and sweet coconut and adding TFA sweetner and a few drops of koolada 10%......mastered this alchemy. Now I'm feeling cocky and recently placed a larger order, only with The Flavor Apprentice...and had the idea of raspberry lemonade, for summer time. I love the raspberry and the smell of the TFA lemon lime and then I also added the 20% sour flavor and TFA sweeetner, my basic blend is 60%pg(with nic pg added in to my ratio)40%vg and 10% distilled water, then 15% flavor and 5% sweetner, or there abouts. I've successfully made a strawberry custard pie, and spiced peach southern cobbler, apple quincey, "Mexican style el chocolate calente", Texas peach pecan praline, tres leches, and mango dulce de leche. So with this said, now I tried mixing the the raspberry and lemon lime and sweetner and sour 20%, naturally when I smelled the concentrates, I gathered that the lemon lime was very strong so I believe I only used like .75ml and 2ml of raspberry, 2ml of sweetner and like 5 drops of the sour on on 30ml total product. It smells great in the bottle mixed, and I let it steep 24 hrs....thats what I do before I try it, hehe,I can't wait! I use a eVic and a Protank, as I set my blends, I mostly vape at 3.8-4.6von a 2.4ohms atty. At any rate, I instantly taste a burning taste from this raspberry lemonade sour. Its not my atty, I feel its like eigther the lemon lime or the sour 20%...even at a low voltage like 3.0 I then get hardly any vape which I have tried to compensate by upping my vg level and so forth. I get NO burning taste from any of my other blends at this formula. I have tried letting it steep longer and same effect. Any advice on using this lemon lime or sour 20% from TFA? I really want to master this, as I am craving this flav as I smell it in the bottle and it smells fantastic!!! (FYI: I did not get the oil based lemon lime from TFA, the water based) Any advice is appreciated....sorry for the long story...... :facepalm:

CheekyChica

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Las Vegas Nevada
www.youtube.com
I think you may have over shot the sweetner, 2mls a bit high

Yeah I think on this flav I did put too much sweetner and sour 20% and lemon lime. This time I tried far less lemon lime and more raspberry and only 3 drops of sour 20% and less sweetner and I dont get that burning taste. This one I just have to let it steep longer.
Thanks for ya'lls replies! :)

Moogle

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Portland, OR
TFA raspberry is strong and needs to steep. I haven't delved into the lemon/lime yet but just tried the sweet orange at 2% and it was very strong but mellowed with a little steeping. Don't know if you are aware of this thread but it has a long list of TFA flavor percentages and user ratings. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/336110-flavor-apprentice-flavoring-thread.html Also, please post your own percentages/ratings in that thread and post your recipes in the recipe thread. It sounds like you are on to a lot of great flavor combinations! Please share!

Edit:
Lemon/Lime 5% 4/5
Raspberry:5-10% (start with 5%)

Last edited:

CheekyChica

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Las Vegas Nevada
www.youtube.com
TFA raspberry is strong and needs to steep. I haven't delved into the lemon/lime yet but just tried the sweet orange at 2% and it was very strong but mellowed with a little steeping. Don't know if you are aware of this thread but it has a long list of TFA flavor percentages and user ratings. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/336110-flavor-apprentice-flavoring-thread.html Also, please post your own percentages/ratings in that thread and post your recipes in the recipe thread. It sounds like you are on to a lot of great flavor combinations! Please share!

Edit:
Lemon/Lime 5% 4/5
Raspberry:5-10% (start with 5%)

Yeah this last time I used on a 30ml bottle .25ml lemon lime, 3 drops sour 20%, 1.25ml raspberry and 1.5ml sweetner. Steeped 24 hrs and it so far tasting great, but not too strong. In a few more days, it should be just right! (I like super sweet juices) I'll get together a list of my recipes and try to figure out the percentages as I usually just smell the flavor out the bottle and use my perception of what my nose tells me and try it lol. Thanks for your reply & take care!:D

CheekyChica

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Las Vegas Nevada
www.youtube.com
I'm having the same problem with the Lemon Lime. I have tried it in three separate mixes, and each time the flavor tastes almost burntish...I can't explain it, but I am hoping stepping will hlep

I think I got it down, only use a very little bit like .25ml per 30ml and steeping IS the key. ;)

nickgonzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2012
NM, USA
I'm having the same problem with the Lemon Lime. I have tried it in three separate mixes, and each time the flavor tastes almost burntish...I can't explain it, but I am hoping stepping will hlep

I have the same issue with TFA Lemon Lime, steeping has not helped at all. It does not seem to play well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread