Here is my home-made tobacco (NET) recipe > Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Anyone have any luck making your own natural tobacco NET liquid at home? I can't see that there is any real "Rocket Science" to making this stuff.

Anyway, take a gander at my recipe below and let me know what ya think

Home BrewedTobacco Flavored (NET) E-juice ........................Makes Approx. 245ml E-juice

1. 1 -Cup (Packed) Good Quality Pipe Tobacco or 2 Shredded Large Sized Imported Cigars

1 -Cup Distilled Water

Crock Pot

1 -Pint Mason Jar with Lid

Fine Wire Seive

Small Funnel

Paper Coffee Filters

230ml -Unflavored 50PG / 50VG - 18mg Nicotine Pre-Mixed E-Liquid

If using cigar tobacco, shred and chop fine ... If using pipe tobacco, no shredding is necessary.

1. Place the shredded tobacco in a clean 1- pint size Mason jar.

Add the water to the tobacco. Mix and pat-down until the tobacco is covered with water.

Install the lid tightly on the Mason jar and place in the crock pot.

Fill the crock pot with hot water to a level which will be 3/4 up the side of the jar.

Cover the crock pot and cook on the 'low' setting for 24 hrs. Stir mixture 2 separate times.

Note
: Water will need to be added to the crock pot as necessary during the cooking due to evaporation.

After 24 hrs, remove the Mason jar of the mixture from the crock pot and alow to cool (with lid still on).

Hand squeeze the warm mixture through a wire seive and
into a clean glass or jar. Squeeze all the liquid from the tobacco leaves. This ball of remaining tobacco leaves can now be discarded.

Now, pour the mixture through a paper coffee filter lined funnel into a clean Mason jar. Do this twice, using a new filter each time.

Place the un-covered Mason jar of your liquid into a deep pan, and fill with water up to the level of the liquid in your Mason jar. Heat the water almost to the boiling point. Cook until just a very thin syrup remains in the jar. Almost all the water should now be evaporated from the tobacco liquid. You have now made approx. 15ml of concentrated cigar flavored extract.

Add about 230ml of the pre-mixed E-liquid to your 15ml of extract (this will be a 7% extract to E-liquid ratio). Install the lid back on the Mason jar and shake well.

Seep for at least two weeks before using.

Note
: After seeping, this completed E-juice can now be re-bottled into smaller sized bottles if desired.

Unflavored Nicotine E-Liquid:............. 236ml ............$ 32.99 Shipped .....236 ml Unflavored Nicotine Juice USA made - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Last edited:

MetalMaster75

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toluca Lake, CA
I wouldn't use water for the initial stage of extraction.
Extract straight into PG, VG or your favorite ratio of both.
The finished extract is then mixed with the nicotine juice and other "toppings".
This is how I extract:
1. Place about 15grams of choice tobacco (pipe, cigar) into the mason jar.
2. Add between 60 to 80mls of PG, VG, or your PG/VG mix. (I use 50/50)
3. Stir well the tobacco and PG/VG mix. It will look like sludge. Place lid on jar.
4. Place jar(s) into slow-cooker and add the appropriate amount of water. Cover with the lid.
5. Set the temperature on the lowest setting (usually "warm"), or start on "low" and move on to "warm" in a couple of hours.
6. Shake the jars once in a while if so desired, and periodically check to make sure there is still enough water in the appliance.
7. This process will take about 12 to 15 hours. It can be done overnight.
8. Remove jars from the slow-cooker and use your favorite filtration method.
9. Get creative with your concoction.

Good luck.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Thanks Metalmaster ...

Well, I got ahead of myself and started extracting these 2 cigars before I have purchased the pre-mix unflavored PG / VG liquid, so I thought I could just add water to the chopped up cigars and let it cook in a sealed Mason jar in the crockpot full of water for about 24 hours.

Then cook the mixture down until almost all the water has evaporated ... then later add the PG / VG / Nic pre-mix.

Got a question .... Do you think the extract from 2 Toro sized cigars will be enough to flavor about 170 ml of the pre-mix unflavored PG / VG liquid I will buy from Mt Baker?

MetalMaster75

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toluca Lake, CA
Hi Flt Simulation,
You would need about 120mls of just PG/VG (NO nicotine) just to extract the two cigars.
Generally speaking the finished extraction is more like an essence, being quite potent in flavor. You would most likely end up mixing only 10 to maybe 25% extract ratio to the unflavored nicotine juice. How strong is the nicotine juice you're using?

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
You would need about 120mls of just PG/VG (NO nicotine) just to extract the two cigars.

Generally speaking the finished extraction is more like an essence, being quite potent in flavor. You would most likely end up mixing only 10 to maybe 25% extract ratio to the unflavored nicotine juice. How strong is the nicotine juice you're using?

I don't have any of the unflavored E-cig base liquid yet, but like I stated before, I plan on buying unflavored 50/50 base liquid with 24 mg nicotine to use as a base ... Then add some of my completed NET cigar extract for the flavoring.

The deal is ... I don't know how much of my home-brew tobacco flavored extract I need to add to the unflavored 50/50 - 24 nic base liquid I will buy from Mt. Baker.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Well, here are some photos of the NET cigar extract I have been making.

Again, this started out as 2 finely chopped Gurkha 'Class Regent' Toro sized cigars and 1 cup of distilled water that was sealed in a 1 -pint Mason jar and placed in lightly boiling water (in a crockpot) for 24 hrs.

Juice1.jpg

Extracting all the liquid out of the wet leaves through a wire screen strainer ... Need to squeeze this with your hand in order to get all the liquid out of the leaves.

Juice2.jpg

Filtering the liquid through a paper coffee filter. This was done twice, using a new filter each time in order to get the liquid cleaner.

Juice3.jpg

This is the liquid after straining and filtering twice ... There is now 3/4 cup of this liquid ... Next, it needs to be heated in order to evaporate most of the water out.
Then it should be NET Cigar flavored extract, and ready to be added to unflavored / Nicotine E-liquid

About the color of real black coffee.

Juice4.jpg

Here is the Mason jar of the cigar tobacco liquid setting in a deep pan of almost boiling water on the stove. Over time, the liquid in the Mason jar will be condensed down to a true NET Cigar Flavored Extract ... ready to be added to the unflavored 50/50 nicotine E-liquid.
BTW ... It took about 4-5 hours on the stove to evaporate all the water out of the extract.

Juice5.jpg

Here is the finished cigar flavored extract. This is about 15-20ml of the concentrate. This is in a shot glass to give you an idea of how much we made.

Juice6.jpg

I am thinking this will flavor about 160ml of unflavored 50PG / 50VG - 18 mg nicotine juice

Last edited:

MetalMaster75

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toluca Lake, CA
That look to be pretty strong.
I would try first 1ml of concentrate into about 5 to 10mls of nicotine base. Remember the resulting juice will be still at 24mg +, so quite strong. Steeping will most likely be in order. Expect the taste to be very "ashy" since you're not using any sweetener and the juice is fresh.
I wouldn't mix the entire 150mls in one batch; this is trail and error, not mentioning that taste is also subjective.
With my very first trials I mixed as follow: 2.5mls of nicotine liquid with 0.3ml of extract (Peter Stokkebye "Amsterdam" pipe tobacco), and added 8 drops of sweetener and 5 drops of TFA - Brown Sugar. Came out pretty good.

Good luck!

Nice pictures BTW.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Thanks again for the reply ... Your right, when I get some of the pre-made unflavored juice from Mt Baker, I will mix small amounts at a time so I don't wind up ruining the whole thing.

Also, I might use 18mg nicotine juice instead of 24. (I am sure there's a little nicotine in this concentrate I made too)

And finally, I might buy a small bottle of something like maybe caramel or brown sugar flavoring just to "doctor it up" a little if I am not happy with the flavor of this NET cigar extract I just made.

For all I know, it may be horrible, but the cigars themselves are real nice!

Last edited:

MetalMaster75

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toluca Lake, CA
You're welcomed.
The extract itself retains a few mg of nicotine. Some say about 2 or 3. Hard to say exactly if not lab tested.
You could get some "food grade" PG/VG to dilute the 24mg nicotine juice that you already have. A 1/3 of PG/VG to 2/3 of your nicotine juice will give you a 16mg mix. Most food markets should carry "food grade" VG. A higher concentration of VG is sweeter and have nice vapor production. I heard Whole Foods carry it.
Let me know how it turns out.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Well, I am very disappointed in my NET cigar extract.

Since I still have not ordered any non-flavored nicotine E-juice yet, I decided to add some of my extract to a some Mt Baker "Courmarin Pipe" juice just to see how it effects the flavor and smell.

I chose the Cormarin because this stuff has basically no flavor at all. No discernible pipe tobacco smell, and no overpowering caramel flavors like some other tobacco E-juices out there.

Well, other than turning the color of the juice almost black, it didn't do much of anything ... I could not smell that nice cigar smell of a real handmade imported cigar and I really couldn't taste any flavor that my extract added. As far as the vapor itself; The vapor was much less dense than before I added my 'home-brew' cigar extract.

So, what did I accomplish from all this? ... Well, I now have 2 less Gurkha cigars to smoke and enjoy.:(

Oh well ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread