Here is one good thing about sitting in an ER for hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I had to make an unfortunately long and miserable trip to the ER with someone last night (no worries - all is ok now) and thankfully I remembered to bring my FIN 510 with me. I was able to vape (in stealth-mode, of course) while in his room and in the bathroom. Wow, that was weird and amazing. I have been unlucky enough to have paid a few visits to hospitals in the last few years and most of them in Atlanta ban smoking anywhere on the property. I did not have to worry about that last night. Another reason I am so happy I switched.

mokai

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
New Zealand
I had the same experience...ended up in ER with my dad 4 (yes, 4) times in 2 weeks after his surgery. Each visit was 4-6 hours. I had my vamo and vivi with me and vaped fairly openly. I never had any complaints, actually most people seemed to know what it was and were interested in how to get one. I hope I converted a few people (hello anyone new I met in Maple Ridge hospital :)

I think having a mod and it so definitely not being a cigarette was helpful here, but if I had been asked to stop I would have. I also vape fruit flavors so there's no chance it smells like smoke. And like there, there's no smoking on hospital grounds, although I walked through a few smoke clouds on my way in more than once.

Glad everything is ok after your hospital visit (all ok here now too :)

horkus1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Oh I am so sorry that you had to endure all of that stress, mokai. It is hard to deal with illness especially when it is not you. That may sound strange but I am far more worried and on edge if it is someone I love than if it is me. It is nice to be able to vape. I definitely want nicotine more with stress so dealing with how to get somewhere that smoking is allowed is awful. Not to mention, I never want to be far away 'cause god knows if I leave the room, THAT will be the very minute a doctor or nurse will finally come around. UGH!

Anyway, so glad your dad is ok and that you were able to convert some people!

Scoop224 - I was in complete stealth mode. Had someone noticed and complained I would absolutely have put it away but I was not keen on drawing any attention to it. The night was long enough as it was. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread